#162 PaulaGray

PaulaGray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:34 AM

Goruck GR0 with black patch

1zUPXGjl.jpg

Awesome Bag,...If you want to exlpore more bags, visit here: Camo Western. Recently, I brought a bag from it. They have a wide range of stylish shoulder bags offers at affordable range. Shop now!

#163 Metro

Metro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 02:03 AM

I have a friend on major crimes here. He works with the SP on terrorist and credible threats. First thing they notice is "harmless looking" cases and bags. Their on an instrument case of medical case or bag like stink on a monkey.

Yep, who looks more outta place some joker with a guitar case or someone with a tactical backpack that is all the rage these days.

#164 william reed

william reed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:37 PM

Rush 24 for EDC

contains

an IFAK

Nimravus

spare CR 123 cells

spare .40 S&W mag

Surefire 6P LED 

phone charger

CAC reader

HP laptop

canteen

pens/pencils

dip/coffee

lighters

I noticed you have the YD patch. I served with from the 90s until 2005. 

#165 william reed

william reed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:43 PM

My experience with EDC bags;

Carry what you like.

Criminals are opportunists. Its not the bag, its the person with it. If its a high priced bag, you're more LIKELY to be targeted-but, that doesnt mean you WILL be. ANY bag left around, unattended, in an urban environment, will be snatched up. Because, well, criminals are opportunists.

Tactical bags are so common these days, no one pays them any mind.

School bags are the norm anywhere there are campuses.

Its a bag. Its designed to hold things. Buy something quality, something that can do what you want it to, and move on. 

I've gone through a dozen iterations of packs myself. Everything from tactical (my old school gen I Lightfighter 3 day pack), to sling packs (brit gas mask bag), to messenger bags (a nike one), to laptop bags (a few of those), to, my current Maratac Bac-Sac that is holding up just fine. I no longer care what it looks like, so long as it holds what I need it to. And, this one does. No cool bells or whistles. Just a day pack.

• Chiffon likes this

#166 Chiffon

Chiffon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:55 PM

My experience with EDC bags;

Carry what you like.

Criminals are opportunists. Its not the bag, its the person with it. If its a high priced bag, you're more LIKELY to be targeted-but, that doesnt mean you WILL be. ANY bag left around, unattended, in an urban environment, will be snatched up. Because, well, criminals are opportunists.

Tactical bags are so common these days, no one pays them any mind.

School bags are the norm anywhere there are campuses.

Its a bag. Its designed to hold things. Buy something quality, something that can do what you want it to, and move on. 

I've gone through a dozen iterations of packs myself. Everything from tactical (my old school gen I Lightfighter 3 day pack), to sling packs (brit gas mask bag), to messenger bags (a nike one), to laptop bags (a few of those), to, my current Maratac Bac-Sac that is holding up just fine. I no longer care what it looks like, so long as it holds what I need it to. And, this one does. No cool bells or whistles. Just a day pack.

Doesn't matter what you wear here, you're gonna get robbed if the situations are right. Buy something you like that has quality or even better, safety features like the Bobby Backpack (XD Design) and remember to keep your belongings close and your bags closed.

#167 Tyler Green

Tyler Green

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

Rush 24

JXs6pNh.jpg?1

#168 Bladerunner337

Bladerunner337

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:38 AM

Not the best pic, however I bought the 5.11 MOAB 6 in Storm grey for an EDC bag at home and in S. Korea where I'm working. 

Most think it's a camera bag (kudos on the non-tacticool color 5.11 ;) ).  It fits way more than I thought it would, and at home I can throw some water bottle and snacks in for a trip to the park with my daughter.  Brings everything I need on a plane, and I still have plenty of legroom with it under the seat, which is way better than my swiss gear laptop backpack I normally use.  

So far so good, getting used to the EDC manbag idea! 

Attached Files

#169 Arnie

Arnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:41 AM

Goruck GR1 (21L)

Attached Files

#170 Old Army Vet

Old Army Vet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:46 AM

A4QxEtr.jpg?1

Never leave home without it. Found it in a leather shop in Florence, Italy. Multiple zip pockets with inside pockets and dividers that carry everything very comfortably.

#171 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 10:34 AM

the-battalion-12-hr-backpack_1024x1024.g

I'm currently modding this baby out with some sweet gear, starting with this - http://store.lbbjkt....lity-pouch.html

This pouch is absolutely brilliant and I have seen nothing remotely close to everything it does. Number one thing is it works for horizontal AND vertical molle. Video doesn't show it but it has an extra sleeve up front for cards, tickets, etc. I pen holder on the left and sunglass holder on the right. Also the video is old because now they use a magnetic quick release instead of the buckle closure. I LOVE this thing.

Jake also sells a molle plate insert for the bag, but to save on money I want to affix a grid-it board instead with heavy duty velcro. https://www.amazon.c...ANXA46FBBDEN8Y1

Lastly I found the perfect dopp kit from Eagle Creak to use as my EDC pouch instead of Maxpedition or Condor pouches. I took a hard look at your typical molle pouches from those brands but could never land on what was best for me. Turns out a dopp kit configured how I need it is it! https://www.amazon.c...ding=UTF8&psc=1

#172 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 10:21 AM

the-battalion-12-hr-backpack_1024x1024.g

I'm currently modding this baby out with some sweet gear, starting with this - http://store.lbbjkt....lity-pouch.html
This pouch is absolutely brilliant and I haven't seen anything remotely close to everything it does. Number one thing is it works for horizontal AND vertical molle. Video doesn't show it but it has an extra sleeve up front for cards, tickets, etc. I pen holder on the left and sunglass holder on the right. Also the video is old because now they use a magnetic quick release instead of the buckle closure. I LOVE this thing.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=u4zaJW3nPOw

Jake also sells a molle plate insert for the bag, but to save on money I want to affix a grid-it board instead with heavy duty velcro. https://www.amazon.c...ANXA46FBBDEN8Y1

Lastly I found the perfect dopp kit from Eagle Creak to use as my EDC pouch instead of Maxpedition or Condor pouches. I took a hard look at your typical molle pouches from those brands but could never land on what was best for me. Turns out a dopp kit configured how I need it is it! https://www.amazon.c...ding=UTF8&psc=1

Update that I've been rocking this complete set-up this week and I absolutely LOVE it. Absolutely perfect. I've added this dope multi-purpose clip to the other strap. https://www.amazon.c...ds=qliplet&th=1
61hW0oxpKaL._SY500_.jpg

With that said, this is coming in the mail today!
ash-4.jpg

#173 olmo

olmo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:47 PM

According to the needs of the day, these are ,from less to more, my inseparable EDC bags.
I'm a fan of them all alike.

The belt for an ordinary day, the kanken for the days that I need more space (gym, work clothes ...) and the hazard 4 for the days that I feel amor intrepid explorer ✌

Attached Files

#174 The Narrow Gent

The Narrow Gent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:35 PM

Chrome is my brand of choice. But I also have bags from Timbuk2, MissionWorkshop, Blaq, Rickshaw Bagworks, Tom Bihn, and Buck Products that I cycle through based on need and mood. 

#175 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:29 PM

Kodiak-EDC.jpg

Mine is a bit more basic and focuses just on the essentials of what I actually carry. As a bonus, I made the leather case myself. I make custom leather goods for a variety of uses, so if you're interested, let me know.

Awesome work, I think too bulky for my liking, but I could maybe get past it...I just love the look. 

Check Out My Instagram!

http://www.instagram.com/gearfacts

#176 Event Spec

Event Spec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:17 AM

I'm looking to upgrade my current bag (work gives me a Swiss Army computer pack), but I want something "gray" that doesn't look too "tactical". I love the 5.11's but think they're a little too much. Any thoughts on the SOG Ninja?

Look at the 5.11 COVRT 18

#177 Todd Davis

Todd Davis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 05:48 PM

I am sorta new to all this, but I have a 5.11 MOAB 6 Sling bag as my EDC bag.  It grew out of carrying a bag at work. I am a Firefighter/Paramedic (hence the patch on the front) and have always had a small bag of "stuff" with me.  As I have learned more about being prepared I decided to make a bag that I could carry off duty as well as on duty.  So I put together my 5.11 bag.  I have it with me all the time, but not always on my person. It is in my truck or whatever vehicle I am in at work.  Several of the items are carried specifically for work.  

I attached photos of each side of the bag as well as the PDF of what is inside.  It has changed over time and I am sure that it will continue to evolve.  I also always have my Leatherman Knife and Multi-tool, Olight Flashlight, pen, write in the rain notebook, Bastion wallet and my Timex Dakota on me at all times. There is a photo of that gear uploaded here at everydaycarry.com

Front View:

35798093482_77da72ae9c.jpgUntitled by T Davis, on Flickr

Side View:

35969027905_0d6911d62d.jpgUntitled by T Davis, on Flickr

Back View:

35836343021_39c28068a6.jpgUntitled by T Davis, on Flickr

Other Side View:

35969026675_c8b8a041a0.jpgUntitled by T Davis, on Flickr

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users