Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:23 PM

Flyby.jpg

The Mono Case Flyby

Nice. Also, do you get Saved By The Bell jokes a lot?
  • Rey Leon, Dawn and mole like this

#42 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

511 Mike rush bag.

511F9344-20E7-4015-9931-398939ABBDA6_zps

FDD6391B-2F2B-4C16-9B44-7BB4A1F0A8ED_zps

29327A46-849F-4619-B160-3A57C7F2F60B_zps

• Jim Carr, Dave and Aileen Ciriaco like this

#43 Heather

Heather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:32 PM

Here's my everyday bag exterior and packed per a request on my EDC submission. The bag is a Cambridge Satchel Company 15-inch Classic Satchel in Vintage with an embossed monogram for some extra fancy.  You can get the embossing in gold, silver or black too.

As an FYI on the customer service from the UK based business.  My satchel was a birthday gift from my family.  They had ordered it a week before my birthday expecting it to not arrive in time, but knowing I'd like it just as well a little late.  A few days after they ordered it they realized they mistyped my monogram.  They sent an email, got an immediate response and the bag with the correct monogram arrived in Kentucky in the U.S. BEFORE my birthday (that's less than a week) with no extra shipping or rush charges.

As I've said in the comments on my submission, this bag is more about style than organization.  I have lots of my own bags, pouches and sleeves, so that worked well for me.

Attached Files

• Glen, Mikey Bautista, Jim Carr and 7 others like this

#44 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 727 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:28 PM

Here's my everyday bag exterior and packed per a request on my EDC submission. The bag is a Cambridge Satchel Company 15-inch Classic Satchel in Vintage with an embossed monogram for some extra fancy.  You can get the embossing in gold, silver or black too.

As an FYI on the customer service from the UK based business.  My satchel was a birthday gift from my family.  They had ordered it a week before my birthday expecting it to not arrive in time, but knowing I'd like it just as well a little late.  A few days after they ordered it they realized they mistyped my monogram.  They sent an email, got an immediate response and the bag with the correct monogram arrived in Kentucky in the U.S. BEFORE my birthday (that's less than a week) with no extra shipping or rush charges.

As I've said in the comments on my submission, this bag is more about style than organization.  I have lots of my own bags, pouches and sleeves, so that worked well for me.

Saw this bag on Lifehacker, good stuff Heather!

#45 Tony

Tony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:07 PM

Skinth Magnum Case

20150413_225434.jpg

Wiha System 4 Screwdriver Set:

20150413_225321.jpg

Sharpie Marker, Fenix E12 Flashlight, Leatherman Brewzer

20150413_225136.jpg

Leatherman Surge Multi-Tool - S35V Upgrade Blade from Txtool crafters. Kershaw Leek D2 Knife

20150413_225010.jpg

I have a backpack I carry in my vehicle as well. this is my EDC pouch.

• Marc, Mel R., Skye and 2 others like this

My EDC

sortitapps-black.png

#46 Aileen Ciriaco

Aileen Ciriaco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:17 AM

I carry a Gouache City Bag most days, versatile for formal even laid back days. Material is waxed canvas, with a sort of suficient lining for a laptop, genuine leather accents and brass hardwares. Oh and it can accomodate a 15" laptop.

The product is proudly Philippine made, they also make camera bags of large and small sizes. It also ages and forms patina in form of 'creases' due to the waxed nature of the canvas. Last time I checked they also sell these bags on etsy. For easy carry I also have my micro maxpedition, a throw it and go solution
  • Stupendous Walrus, Mikey Bautista, Dave and 3 others like this

#47 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 727 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:43 AM

I carry a Gouache City Bag most days, versatile for formal even laid back days. Material is waxed canvas, with a sort of suficient lining for a laptop, genuine leather accents and brass hardwares. Oh and it can accomodate a 15" laptop.

The product is proudly Philippine made, they also make camera bags of large and small sizes. It also ages and forms patina in form of 'creases' due to the waxed nature of the canvas. Last time I checked they also sell these bags on etsy. For easy carry I also have my micro maxpedition, a throw it and go solution

Oooh, nice bag! I'm checking them out right now!

#48 Aileen Ciriaco

Aileen Ciriaco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:53 PM

Oooh, nice bag! I'm checking them out right now!

Thanks Mikey! Cons are just if you settle for the dark colored ones, the creases are pretty obvious, like an off-white crease. They will also be releasing new designs but I think their website hasn't included them yet.

You may also want to check out Venque bags, I have my eyes on the grey hamptons, if budget permits

Attached Files

• Stupendous Walrus, Mikey Bautista and Skye like this

#49 Arnie

Arnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:49 PM

My work EDC bag....Tom BIHN Synapse 19Attached File  image.jpg   244.36KB   2 downloads
  • Mel R. likes this

#50 Tiger Han

Tiger Han

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

i would like bigger bag

zQGzMko.jpgXOe9sfO.jpg

#51 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:37 AM

I feel terrible betraying Osprey, but I just bought a Pacsafe as a new EDC bag.
  • Mel R. and Dawn like this

#52 Mel R.

Mel R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationSouth Central Texas

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:24 AM

I feel terrible betraying Osprey, but I just bought a Pacsafe as a new EDC bag.

Some of those bags (like Mikey's) are really good looking! Which one did you get?

• Stupendous Walrus likes this

#53 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 06:09 PM

Some of those bags (like Mikey's) are really good looking! Which one did you get?

Metrosafe http://www.mec.ca/pr...pack/?q=Pacsafe
I actually stumbled upon it by accident when browsing MEC, and went back to find where I recognized the name of them. When I read Mikey's thoughts it was all the confirmation I needed. I was hovering over the "purchase" button already, so that was what did it in the end. Super excited for it!
  • Mel R. and coldwater like this

#54 Mel R.

Mel R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationSouth Central Texas

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:00 PM

I actually stumbled upon it by accident when browsing MEC, and went back to find where I recognized the name of them. When I read Mikey's thoughts it was all the confirmation I needed. I was hovering over the "purchase" button already, so that was what did it in the end. Super excited for it!

Nice clean lines, nice looking bag...congrats!

#55 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 727 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:49 PM

Once you see how heavy-duty that main strap is, you'll see why I like them so much. :)

Possibly the toughest fittings I've seen outside of 5.11's straps and zippers.

#56 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:29 PM

Nice clean lines, nice looking bag...congrats!

Thanks Mel. I will do a proper EDC bag load out when it arrives and I change my gear over.

Once you see how heavy-duty that main strap is, you'll see why I like them so much. :)

Possibly the toughest fittings I've seen outside of 5.11's straps and zippers.

I'm so excited for it. It's exactly what I've been looking for and it was right under my nose the whole time.
  • Mel R. likes this

#57 Rey Leon

Rey Leon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • LocationGunbarrel Highway

Posted 25 April 2015 - 05:23 AM

This is my current EDC pouch, but I've quickly outgrown it - as you can see by the add-on for a Leatherman and Nagatac capsule.

2mp03yr.jpg

I don't think less is more. I think more is more. And then some more. And then some freaking more!

So I've just ordered this backpack which I'll try taking with me everywhere I go:

nodrag_mach3.jpg

I'm hoping the streamlined look and lack of obvious military cues will keep it low profile.

• Mel R. likes this

#58 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1311 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:38 AM

Looks like a lot of pack for pretty fair coinage. Load it up and show it off when it comes in. 

• Stupendous Walrus and Rey Leon like this

#59 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:31 PM

Agreed coldwater. When I looked at the price vs. feature I was doubly excited. I haven't had confirmation for shipping het, so it may take a while.

#60 Bard

Bard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:54 AM

I'm breaking in my new Thule EnRoute Sling Pack on a trip to Nice, France tomorrow. :)

tesp113_dkshadow_main_sized_900x600.jpg

• Mikey Bautista and Skye like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users