#2 Dennis Adams

Dennis Adams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

imagejpg2_zps7143619e.jpg

image_zps782f5236.jpg
This goes in the car. I down load it if I carry it for the day.
  • James Caro, Harshit Gupta, David Simons and 2 others like this

#3 John

John

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:44 AM

I'm looking to upgrade my current bag (work gives me a Swiss Army computer pack), but I want something "gray" that doesn't look too "tactical". I love the 5.11's but think they're a little too much. Any thoughts on the SOG Ninja?
  • big Easy likes this

#4 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:16 AM

I don't really carry a bag for EDC per se, but I do keep a Camelbak with some gear in my trunk. The model I have is discontinued, but its pretty close to this one but just a little smaller.

I'm looking to upgrade my current bag (work gives me a Swiss Army computer pack), but I want something "gray" that doesn't look too "tactical". I love the 5.11's but think they're a little too much. Any thoughts on the SOG Ninja?

There doesn't seem to be too many reviews out about that one but it sounds like a decent deal. Its a bit too big for my EDC needs, but I'd definitely use something that size as a carry-on.  2 things stood out to me immediately as flaws though: The plastic quick-release clips at the bottom of the shoulder straps look like a point of failure and the fact that it is advertised as a "Walmart exclusive" at such a low price makes me think blind Chinese children probably made them. I have only ever owned one SOG product and that was the Paratool Multi-Tool and I wasn't impressed with it.

• John likes this

#5 Ryan Schertzer

Ryan Schertzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

Kodiak-EDC.jpg

Mine is a bit more basic and focuses just on the essentials of what I actually carry. As a bonus, I made the leather case myself. I make custom leather goods for a variety of uses, so if you're interested, let me know.

• Glen, John B., Mikey Bautista and 23 others like this

#6 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:15 PM

Kodiak-EDC.jpg

Mine is a bit more basic and focuses just on the essentials of what I actually carry. As a bonus, I made the leather case myself. I make custom leather goods for a variety of uses, so if you're interested, let me know.

This is beautiful and perfect. What is the ballpark cost of this case?

Currently, I use a small backpack from Osprey, which is amazing, but a bit utilitarian for my EDC liking.
  • Gerald Woller likes this

#7 Ben

Ben

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:14 PM

Got this Vanquest Pocket Maximizer Husky awhile back and it seems to be the perfect balance between too small and too big to deal with.

I can throw this in my laptop bag for mon-fri day job and then when I leave the house for other things I can grab this thing to act as a

"Bare bones" bug out bag. I basically always have this little guy with me now.

Springfield XDS .45 for winter carry.

Pouch contents are as follows

1. 10 feet 7 strand paracord

2. Sandisk 8 gig usb drive

3. Smiths knife sharpener with carbide, ceramic and round file for serrated blades.

4. Fenix E12 1xAA led flashlight.

5. Handy rubberband wrapped around flashlight

6. El Cheapo walgreen special spiral notebook

7. Hidden behind notebook is a large picnic napkin for emergency nose issues.

8. Stanley 4 way screwdriver pen

9. Pilot fine point V5 RT writes with no bleed and dries fast.

10. Leatherman Squirt with plyers

11. Duracell rechargable AA

12. Small Bic lighter

13. Chap stick

14. Nite Ize micro biners on the zipper pulls to keep the pouch child proof

15. Nite Ize bendable cable ties.

16. Adventure Medical small family first aid kit tucked in the right side pocket. All types of meds and bandages loaded in there.

Attached File  EDC.jpg   243.82KB   2 downloads

• Mikey Bautista, Jake Emerson, Marc and 4 others like this

#8 Marc

Marc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:21 PM

Nice setup, Ragamuffin.  The picture is clear and I can tell pretty much what's in it, but would you mind listing everything out to cover what's not visible?  Much appreciated.  I recently purchased a Maxpedition Mico slowly filling it up, stealing ideas from others  :)  I guess that's what these forums are for, right? Sharing and stealing.

#9 Ben

Ben

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:56 PM

I edited my previous post to include the contents. It's pretty much filled up with a couple empty spots in case I need to put something else in there on the fly.

• Marc and I D like this

#10 Marc

Marc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

I edited my previous post to include the contents. It's pretty much filled up with a couple empty spots in case I need to put something else in there on the fly.

Thanks man.

#11 Dom

Dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:45 PM

Kodiak-EDC.jpg

Ryan, that case is very cool. What else do you make?

• Bryce likes this

#12 browcs

browcs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:13 PM

ed2082d02d5511e3a2ab22000a1fb84b_8_zpssy

Grey Ghost Gear Stealth Operator pack....smallish, low key, very well made, and reasonably priced.

• Chris Szaroleta, Dave, Skye and 5 others like this

#13 Ben

Ben

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:31 PM

Nice low-key bag. I am looking to get a mid priced bag that is not too tactical looking.
I have a red rock sling bag and its good size but to be honest it looks like a gun range bag.

I like it I like it
  • Chris Szaroleta likes this

#14 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:57 AM

Nice low-key bag. I am looking to get a mid priced bag that is not too tactical looking.
I have a red rock sling bag and its good size but to be honest it looks like a gun range bag.

I like it I like it

I've gone through weird bag phases throughout the last 8 or so years.  

There was the sporty phase, where I carried a duffel with workout clothes, along with all my garbage.  The MEGA tactical phase, where I carried a Maxpedition Falcon II everyday (since been turned into a go bag).  The moderate tactical phase, where I carried a Maxpedition Mongo Versipack (sometimes I'll throw some items into this one if I'm feeling a tacticool).  The absolutely normal phase, where I carried a Targus laptop backpack (still occasionally carry this one when I travel).  The somewhat hipster phase, where I carried a canvas messenger bag cross-body style.  And finally, where I am today, carrying a leather Frye Flap Brief Case.  This is the phase that my carry has evolved to.  The others may have had style without function, or function with absolutely no appeal to the eyes.  This bag and the limited space within allow for a practical carry system with loads of style.   

• Marc likes this

#15 Noel Rivas

Noel Rivas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:34 PM

Goruck GR0 with black patch

1zUPXGjl.jpg

• Chris Szaroleta, Dave, Albert and 2 others like this

#16 Don Dewar

Don Dewar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:39 AM

Im sporting the Booq Boa Squeeze the original one with the felt lining, tried jumping to the newer one but missed the felt lining. Its a great bag Im always amazed at how compact it is and how much you can carry around in it.

#17 Frank Martin

Frank Martin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 10:16 AM

Currently I'm using a Columbia book bag I carried in high school. Planning to buy a 5.11 Covert 18 in the near future. I live near a university and am in that area frequently, so I want something that'll blend in.

#18 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 18 February 2015 - 05:17 PM

iHhivPhl.jpg

I carry this Copper River Bag Co. leather briefcase. It has a 3-compartment insert on the inside to keep things separated. 

• Dom, Marc, Jim Carr and 11 others like this

#19 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

I carry this Copper River Bag Co. leather briefcase. It has a 3-compartment insert on the inside to keep things separated. 

S.E.X.Y. bag, John!

I just got my first quality leather EDC bag.  I feel like it really steps up the class level of my carry.  I'm planning a bag dump submission for the main site soon.

• John B., Jim Carr, kwelsh and 1 other like this

#20 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:33 PM

S.E.X.Y. bag, John!

I just got my first quality leather EDC bag.  I feel like it really steps up the class level of my carry.  I'm planning a bag dump submission for the main site soon.

Thanks! It was a gift from my wife when I finished grad school a couple years ago. It definitely steps up the level of class haha. The kids at school laugh and say that I have a "man purse." Pffff, kids these days...

• Chris Szaroleta, Skye and Wolfhunter like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)