Logo

Today's Active Posts

Photo

What is Your Go To Knife for Self Defense?

Self Defense Knife

27 replies to this topic

#21 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:33 PM

Brendan,

Ever hear of Randall Knives? Bo Randall was considered the father of modern knife making. He passed away in the early 1990's but his family carries on the business. They operate out of Orlando Florida. If you ever get down there they have several thousand knives on display for you to see.

Last time I checked they were backordered on their knives by about 3 years believe it or not. When I was being called back to service for a tour in Iraq Randall Knives had an offer for Soldiers, you could pick one knife out of several designs and they build it for you in 12 to 16 weeks.

I commissioned them to build me my combat knife I took with me to Iraq. The design I chose it is fast and feels like an extension of my hand. I have NEVER felt a knife quite like the Randall I own.

You ought to contact them and see if they still have that offering, you wont be disappointed, I promise.

I will look to take some pics of the knife and upload it here when I get a chance.

http://www.randallknives.com/

I did hear about them. I think the first time I believe was when Mark Bowden wrote Black Hawk Down there was mention of a SEAL having his Randall knife take an AK round and it shattered on his thigh.
26th-infantry-division-subdued-patch.jpg

#22 E.D.C.Specialties

E.D.C.Specialties

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Location11292 Coloma Rd. Ste C Gold River, CA 95670

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:54 PM

I really like the Kershaw Link. It's a bad ass tanto style blade that has safety assist and is big enough to make an impact. Just my 0.02

PS, it's also inexpensive enough that when you most certainly lose it after a self defense scenario you won't be too upset. $70
JQAgj8Jl.jpg

UNP7FXdt.png
EDC Specialties
"Every Day Carry Essentials & Custom Kits "
(916) 476-5094
Now Open @ 
11292 Coloma Rd. Ste C 
Gold River, CA 95670

#23 Will Duncan

Will Duncan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:04 PM

Spartan Blades CQB tool for me!

#24 BevoWatch

BevoWatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:12 AM

#25 germmarket[XXX]

germmarket[XXX]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:25 AM

В нашем интернет магазине кофе в Москве вы всегда можете купить молотый кофе Dallmayr самого высокого качества. Ведь не секрет, что это кофе долго сохраняет свой аромат. И в этом ему помогает вакуумная упаковка, которая продлевает срок хранения. Не верите? Узнайте сами в Герммаркете.

#26 BevoWatch

BevoWatch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:19 PM

Pick one...

i-CJSQKxB-L.jpg

i-kJt66fn-L.jpg

i-BVMs3hN-L.jpg

i-PrGrNzv-L.jpg

i-v5kDq9K-L.jpg

i-qhKXP4x-L.jpg

i-q5gLSKp-L.jpg

~v~

#27 James A Cathcart

James A Cathcart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:09 PM

I don't carry a knife for defensive purposes (that's what my gun is for), but for utility reasons. I carry a small Case traditional for food prep and a Benchmade Crooked River for everything else. So, to answer the OP's question, when between a rock and hard place, I would go for the Benchmade. It's not a tactical weapon for a number of reasons, but would sure do some massive damage.

#28 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:10 PM

Maybe I missed something here, but what about the Benchmade SOCP? That looks to be a great self defense knife, especially for getting someone off/away from you. 

Ive held one that a friend has and it has the features of most karambits with a ring to keep the knife secured in your hand, making it difficult for an attacker to get it away from you. It's also designed to not penetrate very deep, so you achieve getting someone off and away, rather than kill them (for some people they want to do this, others don't. I think in the case of self defense with a knife, there tends to be cases where the victim gets in more trouble for using a knife than a gun...this is obviously a state by state, or country issue). 

Traveling East

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users