Just got a ec11 man best edc light I ever held

#122 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:55 PM

Anyone else here own a Nitecore TIP and think it runs out of battery way too fast? I had a Nitecore Tube and was impressed with its battery life, despite it turning on in my pocket all the time.

#123 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 728 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:54 AM

Anyone else here own a Nitecore TIP and think it runs out of battery way too fast? I had a Nitecore Tube and was impressed with its battery life, despite it turning on in my pocket all the time.

Don't suppose you were leaving it in lockout mode? The first gen TIPs have an issue: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/49353

#124 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 04:29 PM

Don't suppose you were leaving it in lockout mode? The first gen TIPs have an issue: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/49353

Yes, I was leaving it in lockout mode.. Darn, that feature is cool- do they have a second gen TIP then? Could I get it replaced even if I bought it from Amazon?

#125 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 728 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 15 October 2016 - 04:07 AM

Yes, I was leaving it in lockout mode.. Darn, that feature is cool- do they have a second gen TIP then? Could I get it replaced even if I bought it from Amazon?

I just saw an update to a guy who was in contact with NitecoreStore.com: https://www.reddit.c...te_2_good_news/, maybe you can reach out to them? Amazon might also be able to help if Nitecore acknowledges the issue (or take a return outright).

#126 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:13 PM

I just saw an update to a guy who was in contact with NitecoreStore.com: https://www.reddit.c...te_2_good_news/, maybe you can reach out to them? Amazon might also be able to help if Nitecore acknowledges the issue (or take a return outright).

Thanks a lot! Is there a way to tell if I have the first or second gen TIP?

#127 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 728 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:23 AM

Thanks a lot! Is there a way to tell if I have the first or second gen TIP?

Good question. As far as I know you'd need to check with the vendor if it's a new shipment, or maybe liaise with Nitecore directly somehow.

#128 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:34 PM

Good question. As far as I know you'd need to check with the vendor if it's a new shipment, or maybe liaise with Nitecore directly somehow.

Okay! Thanks for your help. I checked with them and they're sending me a new one.

#129 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 19 October 2016 - 02:13 PM

I have been using the TIP for a month now and have not detected an issue yet, but I'll watch for it.  Having said that its a back up light for me and so does not see daily use.  

I had the Tube for a while and while the TIP is certainly not as small, so far the trade off in a bit of added size for the extra lumens has been worth it.

• Mason Delpino likes this

#130 Lucca DeBiaso

Lucca DeBiaso

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:53 PM

I'm looking for an AA outdoor flashlight and looking at the Nightcore MT2A or the Fenix LD22 liking the look of both. What's the big differences between them? Anyone with personal experience with the MT2A?

#131 John

John

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:57 AM

I've been pretty impressed with Nitecore; I've got an MT1C, MT2C, several Tubes and my newest is the Thumb. The UI on the big lights is a bit wonky compared to other lights so I don't use all the modes. The Tubes and now the Thumb are very bright and easy to use. I see Nitecore lights as sort of the lights for people who like gadgets - a lot of features that take some learning to use, but functional all the same.
  • Mason Delpino and Lucca DeBiaso like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users