28 replies to this topic

#21 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 715 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:23 PM

I look at what aircrews have, and a lot of them have Travelpro luggage and carry-on. So that's what I bought and from a price/value perspective, it can't be beat!

Many more sexy luggage can be found, but at twice or three times the price for about the same performance... Plus Travelpro has a 10 year warranty on their stuff....

You know, that's a brilliant idea -- I never thought to look at what the pilots and crew carry with them!

#22 Von Lehmann

Von Lehmann

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 05:44 AM

Check out some of Topo designs bags. I pretty much use their basic duffel all over the place but they have a couple bags specifically for travel. 

#23 Drama LLama

Drama LLama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:39 PM

In a previous life I used to work at a luggage store, and prior to that I thought the exact same thing. It was a odd thing though, why so many airline workers had that luggage brand. Then I found out why, pro-purchases... or at least that's what one crew member told me. They get discounts, freebies, and are encouraged to purchase that brand. 

BUT! It is an really good brand and has solid build quality. I won't deny that in the least bit. I personally have some Victorinox pieces that have been extremely solid performers. I had to use their lifetime warranty to replace some zippers on a carry-on and only had to pay a sub-$20 shipping fee. Since it was an older model they just replaced the darn thing with the newer one. Win! I'll have to do that with the duffle too. haha. 

#24 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 11 August 2016 - 10:11 PM

I don't know if you are familiar with the site Carryology, but I have learned of some great luggage/carry on items from there.
http://www.carryolog...rry-on-luggage/

#25 Lee W

Lee W

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:12 PM

We bought 2 Red Oxx Skytrain packs 3 years ago. Really well built and designed.

http://www.busyboo.c...ag-skytrain.jpg

#26 Zach Lambert

Zach Lambert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 07:41 PM

The wife and I each bought the Thule 22" crossover expandable luggage. Since we bought them a year ago, we have both carried on (Yes, my wife doesn't need to check a bag, thats why I married her) to London, Paris, Mexico, and multiple domestic USA flights without a problem. British Airways has notoriously small overhead compartments for carry on luggage, and both bags fit. 

It has oversize wheels, which I would highly recommend to anyone planning on foreign trips. The wheels roll seamlessly over any type of terrain, even soft dirt. 

I have been extremely happy with our bags, and would recommend them to anyone serious about travel.

Heres the link:

https://www.thule.co...-tl_85854229128

#27 Leon

Leon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 02:08 PM

I'm travelling regularly for work and always carry my Aer Travel backpack. Perfect mix of volume, mobility and flexibility!

#28 The Narrow Gent

The Narrow Gent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:44 PM

I love Tom Bihn stuff. Perfect sizing and organization, and built to last. 

#29 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 12:28 AM

Some more sexy ones:

Rimowa Topas Stealth

Lat 56 road warrior

Pelican EL22

rimowa-topas-stealth-cabin-multiwheel-ia

RW_01-Location-2-470x313.jpg

pelican_lg_el22_gryblk_22_elite_carry_on

Im not even gonna lie, that thing is sexy! If I were traveling a lot and needed a good carry on, Id have to drop the coin for that. 

Check Out My Instagram!

http://www.instagram.com/gearfacts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users