Logo

Today's Active Posts

Photo
- - - - -

Leather folio

folio portfolio leather leather folio leather portfolio sleeve leather sleeve this is ground huckberry

9 replies to this topic

#1 Marc

Marc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:57 AM

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a quality leather folio for my EDC. It should fit at least an iPad Mini and it should have some pockets on the inside for the smartphone and some pens.

I really like the "Mod" by "This Is Ground", but I live in Switzerland and with shipping costs and taxes, it would cost me around 400$ which is simply too much, even for a high quality leather folio.

But some of you might know some good alternatives?

Cheers, Marc

EDC  -  Photography  -  Blog

#2 Nathaniel P

Nathaniel P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:07 AM

I'm not an expert on leather items, but I do know of a local leather maker who makes what he calls a Briefolio:

9466f66d7b0c922ddd770ccf1c1234ab_1024x10

Holds an iPad in the smaller pocket, and can accommodate a MacBook Pro in the front, or anything else. However, it does not have interior pockets, but it is $125 USD cheaper. It is also larger than the Mod, if size is an issue.

#3 Gundose

Gundose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:29 AM

I'm not an expert on leather items, but I do know of a local leather maker who makes what he calls a Briefolio:

9466f66d7b0c922ddd770ccf1c1234ab_1024x10

Holds an iPad in the smaller pocket, and can accommodate a MacBook Pro in the front, or anything else. However, it does not have interior pockets, but it is $125 USD cheaper. It is also larger than the Mod, if size is an issue.

I can see with that iPad in there that it clelarly will not close because of the size.  That's interesting lol.

Follow me on Instagram! Wallets&Whiskey | Post your photos on Reddit!

#4 Nathaniel P

Nathaniel P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:37 AM

I can see with that iPad in there that it clelarly will not close because of the size.  That's interesting lol.

The iPad and MacBook are not pushed down all the way into the pocket. Here's a picture of it closed:

37f79f0e6c3e069833ac96cd7018e632_1024x10

#5 Marc

Marc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:35 PM

This seems to be a good alternative, though i miss the inside pockets. But i'll consider it, thanks!

#6 Bernard Capulong

Bernard Capulong

• Administrators
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 09:12 PM

I have a smaller version of this: http://www.knomobags...eeve-brown.html

It might fit the bill! It's definitely in a different (lower) class than the This Is Ground, but it's priced accordingly.

#7 Marc

Marc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:38 AM

Knomo seems pretty good and straight forward, i like that!

#8 Marc

Marc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:20 PM

I found another folio, made by the german manufacturer germanmade. and i decided to go for this one. I've only heard good things about their product quality and the leather of the sleeve looks beautiful! Furthermore, the inside pockets are removable. I'm really excited about it!

#9 Gundose

Gundose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:38 PM

I'd recommend Wildemoon leather to everyone. Some of the best single man leatherwork I've seen. Odin Leather is great too.

Follow me on Instagram! Wallets&Whiskey | Post your photos on Reddit!

#10 Shani Costa

Shani Costa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:43 AM

All-time my favourite bag is my S-Zone Vintage crazy horse leather bag. I use this every day.High quality and 100% brand new, Cool shoulder briefcase for Apple iPad pro and laptop comes with padded shoulder strap. best for women and  men. I can carry an  plus a Apple iPad pro and laptop. It's a shoulder bag.Small pocket in front of bag to store your keys or cellphone, bus card, or other small bits and pieces.      

S-ZONE-Vintage-Crazy-horse-Leather-bag-f

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: folio, portfolio, leather, leather folio, leather portfolio, sleeve, leather sleeve, this is ground, huckberry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users