80 replies to this topic

#41 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 04:25 PM

Carry a gun or even a tactical knife, ILLEGAL, I am in China.

If things don't come to a halt here very soon, we'll be in the same boat.

#42 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:25 PM

Well then coldwater, looks like imma be an outlaw....
If things continue down this path...
26th-infantry-division-subdued-patch.jpg

#43 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:48 PM

Well then coldwater, looks like imma be an outlaw....
If things continue down this path...

Imma be another. Sure hope it doesn't come to that but there's a different between what's right and what's legal sometimes.

#44 Richard Young

Richard Young

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:15 PM

Thanks to the Supreme Court & $400 in fees, I have my CCW license. I carry anywhere it's legal to carry. I live in the murder capital (large cites) of the US and it's amazing how comforting having  access to a small pistol is. For me it's as much an EDC as my smart phone or watch.

• browcs likes this

#45 Jason

Jason

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 01:06 PM

I know this is an old post, but I'd just like to chime in and say that I'm in agreement with this who are saying once you make the commitment to carry, you need to be armed at all times. Certainly it's not done lightly, without a ton of forethought as to the ramifications and consequences that you could be faced with in the event of a defensive shooting.
Having said that, it's now as natural to me as stuffing my wallet in my pocket. I don't leave home, ever, without a firearm.
  • Matt and Roger Heath like this

#46 SavageX

SavageX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 10:57 AM

Mine is carried 90 % of the time. My work is super dusty so I don't carry there.

#47 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:31 AM

off to work.

4B51E276-2901-4156-8742-87A3378663AE_zps

• browcs likes this

#48 DB Cooper

DB Cooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 02:30 PM

If I'm awake, I'm armed. I carry every single day.

• browcs, coldwater and armydoc like this

#49 Jacob Allen

Jacob Allen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 06:13 PM

Just another viewpoint to throw out there. Some of us who carry live in rural areas. I never know when I might come upon a rabid coon, or the dog might get in a scrape with something. Sometimes you can avoid it, but sometimes you need to step in to keep the dog safe. I carry every minute of every day, not to stop terrorists or muggers, but to save on vet bills. I carry constantly, because if it's not a habit like your wallet, then I won't have it when it's needed. Now if I happen to stumble upon a terrorist while out mending fence, then I guess I could use it for that too.
  • WallyGator likes this

#50 JD

JD

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 01:40 AM

It's a tool for a specific job. It's likely you'll never need it. It's like any tool. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
  • WallyGator likes this

#51 Ryan Lamb

Ryan Lamb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 04:42 PM

I carry everywhere I'm aloud to carry, which is pretty much everywhere. I'm not a drinker so I never spend time in bars where I can't carry. I put my gun on in the morning and don't remove it until I get in bed at night. I'm allowed to carry at work (college campus) and I do so due to a lot of things that take place on a regular basis now. As an employee that can legally carry I've taken it upon myself to protect students and other faculty should a dangerous situation arise. I've never been in a dangerous situation but I'm aware of sexual assaults, armed robberies, etc. that happen on campus from time to time so I carry a gun in the event that I ever should need it.

I also live in a big city and enjoy exploring, photography, etc. that keeps me out pretty late from time to time. I've been approached by wacked out druggies, drunks, and aggressive homeless people to many times to count and I'm aware that encounters like that have the potential to turn violent.

I'm not scared, nor am I wanting to EVER have to use my gun, but I want to be prepared and capable of defending myself, my family, and my friends if I need to. 

• WallyGator and Matt like this

#52 H@CK3R

H@CK3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationCaguas, Puerto Rico

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:14 PM

I carry everyday. Unless I'm at the airport going through security or I'm in a courthouse. Other than that - it's on.

#53 Richard Young

Richard Young

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 08:28 PM

My Grandfather carried this every day for a good 30 years without any particular problem. Little bulky by today's standards, but still kind of cool.

Attached Files

#54 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 August 2016 - 04:48 PM

Nope :D

Why not? :huh:

#55 Brendan

Brendan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:41 AM

I think he's trolling the boards.
He's leaving one word comments and not adding to the thread positively
26th-infantry-division-subdued-patch.jpg

#56 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:35 PM

I think he's trolling the boards.
He's leaving one word comments and not adding to the thread positively

Yep

#57 DB Cooper

DB Cooper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:03 PM

I carry everyday, if I'm awake, I'm armed. If I'm sleeping it's on the night table. I carry everywhere I can, to my knowledge, no one has any idea I'm carrying. I'm very conscious of the "conceal" part of the carry. If done right, no one has any idea and that's the way it should be.

#58 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:21 AM

Lemme see if I can possibly add anything here. Being a Canadian, guns are not prevalent in public. Recreational shooting is very limited in most places, and defensive use is basically unheard of. My experience is minimal, but I have always enjoyed it as a recreation.

I've travelled through my fair share of states in the continental U.S. and have to say honestly that the thought of any number of civilians around me carrying a concealed weapon has never once bothered me. In fact, I find it comforting when in places where it is normal and accepted. I know that many people carrying firearms are often far better trained and equipped to carry and utilize a gun than many police officers are, and being someone that is unable to carry a firearm, I'm glad they're there!

Should it ever come up (unlikely) in Canada, I would be for the adoption of licensing citizens to carry firearms for personal defensive use.

I DO believe there is a limit though. There are some places in the USA that in my opinion, make it too easy for weapons to get into the hands of private citizens, which is how you end up with some of the recent mass shootings. There is certainly a balance to be had, and a lot of states have struck that balance well. Some places take it too far in one direction, and some in the other. 

At the end of the day, firearms even up the balance a bit. There are plenty of responsible people that carry firearms that may have a physical limitation that prohibits them from options like escape and non-lethal personal defence. Others feel compelled (and rightly so) to utilize any and all means of protecting themselves, loved ones and the things they've worked for from those who would harm those things. I'm thankful that there are parts of the world where such a right to do so exists.

I will say that as a Canadian, I do have a lot less to worry about when it comes to firearms related crime, but it's no more difficult for the bad guys to get them because they don't care about the law anyways. Guns aren't abundant here in comparison, which is awesome. I do see things in the news all the time that make me "Gee, that person might still be alive if they had a firearm at their disposal", so are we Northerners on the wrong side of the balance? Probably. When I'm in Ohio for a football game and walking around before/after, does it comfort me to know there are people with concealed weapons most likely around? Yep.

That's my 2 Imperial Credits worth.

• Brendan and Matt like this

#59 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:34 PM

For me...it's complicated. I carry every moment that possibly can. I feel like I've said this many times on this site, but I guess not on this thread. By trade, I am a school counselor in a public school in Tennessee. We recently have had some new pro-gun laws go into effect here regarding carrying "at schools"....none of which help out public elementary/middle/high schools in the slightest bit as they are geared toward post secondary institutions and private schools. I'm not complaining though. I do feel they are at least a step in the right direction for the time being. So, for now, I can't carry at school...can't even have it in my vehicle on campus.

I hope Tennessee can soon adopt the same mindset that several other districts across the nation have done...allow administration, teachers, counselors who are concealed permit holders to carry. In today's crazy world, I feel it's the only way to help protect our children and ourselves in school.
  • Stupendous Walrus, WallyGator and Matt like this

#60 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:26 PM

For me...it's complicated. I carry every moment that possibly can. I feel like I've said this many times on this site, but I guess not on this thread. By trade, I am a school counselor in a public school in Tennessee. We recently have had some new pro-gun laws go into effect here regarding carrying "at schools"....none of which help out public elementary/middle/high schools in the slightest bit as they are geared toward post secondary institutions and private schools. I'm not complaining though. I do feel they are at least a step in the right direction for the time being. So, for now, I can't carry at school...can't even have it in my vehicle on campus.

I hope Tennessee can soon adopt the same mindset that several other districts across the nation have done...allow administration, teachers, counselors who are concealed permit holders to carry. In today's crazy world, I feel it's the only way to help protect our children and ourselves in school.

Hey John!! I've been meaning to ask: are you a sloop?

• John B. likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gun, Edc, Carry, Everyday

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users