55 replies to this topic

#41 Robert Fejes

Robert Fejes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:17 PM

Erin,
Olight seems to have a good reputation, but I haven't used them. You should also check out the Surefire Titan and Titan Plus. I just got the Plus and it is very nice. I also have a couple of Four Sevens Minis which I like and have no problems with.

#42 Robert Fejes

Robert Fejes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:17 PM

Oops. This was in error. Why can't I just delete it?

#43 tactical zulia

tactical zulia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:49 AM

I have used lot of keychain flashlight but my first choice is  Streamlight 73001 Nano Light . It is much better than other branded flashlight.

#44 Mexx

Mexx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 04:46 PM

If you're looking for a very small light I can recommend the Led Lenser K1. I don't like flashlights that use these micro batteries and not standard ones. But as a backup light on your keychain it can do a pretty good job. Wirh 15 lumens it's even quite bright.

Attached Files

#45 Clinda

Clinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:48 AM

Manker E01

Just check it out.

#46 John Smith

John Smith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:47 AM

I am using currently 2 :

- Quantum D2 (but no longer available)

- DQG Spy

Both are really keychain size, rugged, easy to charge with USB, and with good performances.

Dscf4684_zpsu6zvzlf1.jpg

#47 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 10:25 PM

I realize this is an old topic; and, by now, Gunter probably picked up something already. Thought I'd chime in anyway...

I looked up that LRI light link that you posted, but the light is only rated at 5 lumens, and uses disposable button batteries.  Disposable batteries of this size are generaly not capable of producing enough amperage to run high-powered lights.  You mentioned that you wanted something very bright.  That could get expensive to use, and wouldn't exactly blast the area with much light. 

"Visible over a mile".  That's a pretty tall claim.  Does anyone own one of these lights?  Is it really capable of that?  With no lens, reflector, or optic of any kind, to speak of, I kind of doubt it.

I've always been really pleased with Fenix build quality.  How a Fenix E15 2016 Edition?

https://www.fenixlig...nix-flashlight/

This newer model is capable of running on a single CR123 disposable, or (much better yet), a 16340 lithium ion battery, for a tremendous 450 lumen output (270 lumen max on the CR123; low of 8 lumens).  If it's a light you rarely use, you could actually leave it in your car, and use the ordinary CR123 battery.  These batteries have an extremely long shelf life (up to fifteen years, from what I've heard), and work extremely well, even in severely cold temperatures.  You can pick these batteries up for about a buck a piece, or so, if you shop wisely, on-line.

I had the previous two versions of this light (and still have the 170 lumen version - still going strong, and I'm running that one on a LiFePO4 battery);  but this one is, by far, the nicest one of them all, in terms of build quality, output, and general ergonomic feel. They've really improved the solidity of the twisty cap, for output adjustments (much more snug and secure feeling, when dialing in settings).

It has four outputs, and always comes on on low setting (8 lumens).  It can tail-stand.  It's super tiny, considering its hefty output, and definitely packs a wallop, on Turbo mode.

Get that, a pair of good 16340 batteries, and a nice charger, and you'd be set!  No more throwing away batteries all the time.

I use these XTAR 16340 batteries (Helps that the store is just five minutes away from me :-), and they work beautifully.

https://xtardirect.c...riant=529955341

Generally, I use this charger, first (my favorite of all the XTAR chargers I have:

https://xtardirect.c...iant=6460470337

When I carry this one, it's always in an Olight holster (in the outside stretch pocket), next to a Solarforce L2P, a more standard-sized P60 light).  I can't even tell it's there (It weighs next to nothing, comparatively speaking), but it sure comes in handy, when I need to reach into super tight spots, and want something powerful and floody.

As a side note, that charger is also capable of charging many different sizes of Ni-Cad, Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMh), and Lithium Ion batteries, and is USB power-able.  You just need to use a decent USB power source, to get the full charging amperage out of it. I use an Anker 40-watt 5-port hub charger, that powers multiple items beautifully:

http://www.amazon.co...s=anker usb hub

In Post # 18, I posted some pictures of the the E15 (two versions ago); one next to a dollar bill, for size reference, and the other, lighting up the inside of a guitar sound hole.

I'll see about putting together a new picture of the newer version, which is just a tad longer than that first version, but is tremendously brighter.   Here is an interim photo (with the 170 lumen version on the left, and the newer 2016 version on the right.

IMG_8665.jpg

And another:

IMG_8620.jpg

One more teaser shot:

IMG_8635.jpg

[url=http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/david57strat/media/Flashlights/IMG_8924%20-%20post.jpg.html]IMG_8924%20-%20post.jpg

Not my greatest picture; but it gives you a good idea of the size of the lights.

Left to Right:

1. The Nitecore Tube that a lot of people recommended. 

2. Fenix E15 (previous generation) - 170 lumens

3. Fenix E15 2016 Edition

4. Thrunite T10 Warm (a lot of people mentioned this light, or variations of it).

5. Zebralight SC600w Mk III - a super powerhouse of a light, running on a single 18650 battery.

6. Solarforce L2P host, with Sportac triple Nichia 219B 2-mode drop-in.  This is a typical P60-sized light.

7. Maglite 2AA "Mini Mag" - everyone and his brother has seen, or owned one of these.  This one has a TerraLux 140 lumen upgrade.  I only hang onto it, for nostalgic reasons.

8. Maglite 2D LED.  These two lights (this and the Mini Mag) were thrown in so you could get an idea of how much smaller and more powerful) flashlights have become, during these past few years.  Any of the lights on the left (with the exception of the Tube) would easily out-blast either of these LED Maglites, effortlessly.

#48 A Refosco

A Refosco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 06:05 PM

What do you guys think about the MecArmy SGN3 as a keychain flashlight?
It seems a perfect flashlight for keychain once it is flat and thin instead of spherical...

http://www.gearbest..../pp_280578.html

#49 Wes

Wes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:10 AM

Like many I use a Nitecore Tube. I am playing with a Fenix UC01 which is similar to the Tube, still under $20. At $35, the Nitecore Tip is not bad, multiple settings from 2 lumens up to 350 lumens. My newest keychain light is the Jetbeam Mini-1. Stainless steel twisty, 9 lumens or 130 lumens. About $40 also available in copper and titanium but have not tried either yet. All 4 are rechargeable using micro-usb

#50 jimmysuge

jimmysuge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:54 AM

I highly recommend you choice the flashlight like this below . It is truly beautiful  appearance design with compact size.58eed5708e5dd.jpg

http://www.ledflashl...ighting_85.html

#51 Nick J

Nick J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 03:05 PM

I just picked up the "Atom" from Polymath Products in the UK.

Hand.jpg

These are truly tiny led keychain flashlights twist activated.

Also when you turn them off the lens glows with photoluminescent light.

Think they are sold in packs of 3 for a very reasonable price.

http://www.polymathp...oduct/atomlight

or Amazon in the UK 

#52 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:14 PM

No one mentioned the Olight i3S keychain flashlight? This one also looks pretty nice.

http://www.amazon.co...=i3s flashlight

Nice suggestion, I may have to go with this or the streamlight nano. Was looking for a keychain light and this thread has been super helpful

Traveling East

#53 KlaudeMarks

KlaudeMarks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

Any suggestions on a keychain light that takes a AAA battery?

Traveling East

#54 CardboardRobot

CardboardRobot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:59 AM

I use either a Fenix E05 or a Thrunite Ti3.

• or900817 likes this

#55 Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 07:01 AM

I have to recommend an Olight i3S EOS. Triple a battery. starts at 20 lumens then 80 if needed with a quick twist off and back on of the head.

I clip this to my pocket not on a keychain.

Beside the light being reliable Olight really stands behind their products. I complained when they didn't send spare orings with my light and for compensation they sent me 2 more lights and the more powerful i3S-CU so I could harvest the orings. Why they couldn't just put orings in an envelope and send them I don't know. To my surprise they all work.

These lights were all returned by other customers and I guess Olight doesn't resell used items so they send them to me.

#56 or900817

or900817

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:36 AM

recommend ThruNite Ti3  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users