Keychain Flashlight

55 replies to this topic

#1 Gunter

Gunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

Fellas, I'm looking for a solid flashlight to add to my keychain. I want something that's bright but really, really, really small and compact.

I've been checking out this little guy lately: http://www.amazon.co...eywords=Lri pro

Give me some suggestions.

#2 Marc

Marc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:07 PM

Gunter, I just got a ThruNite Ti3 yesterday and it's smaller and lighter than I thought it would be for a AAA light.  It's very light and it comes with a removable pocket clip and keychain attachment. I'd recommend it.  Alternatively, I was considering the Fenix E12.  

• Jim Carr likes this

#3 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:42 PM

4Sevens have some really nice keychain size lights that more than get the job done.

#4 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:50 PM

Gunter, is that as big as you're willing to go?  If you're willing to go a bit more expensive and a tad larger, check out one of the Prometheus lights.  I'm looking at these to add some style and class!

• David Quevedo likes this

#5 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:35 PM

in this category I love the nitecore tube http://www.amazon.co...s=nitecore tubeit is from 5-45 lumens and recharges with a micro usb cord. I liked mine so much that I gave 3 more to friends and family. I have had several photons and this blows them away. promethius qr is awesome (also have one of these) but a lot of price, size , and weight difference.
  • Dom, Chris Szaroleta, David Quevedo and 2 others like this

#6 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:45 PM

in this category I love the nitecore tube http://www.amazon.co...s=nitecore tubeit is from 5-45 lumens and recharges with a micro usb cord. I liked mine so much that I gave 3 more to friends and family. I have had several photons and this blows them away. promethius qr is awesome (also have one of these) but a lot of price, size , and weight difference.

That little Nitecore is pretty sweet...

#7 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:59 PM

That little Nitecore is pretty sweet...

money well spent.

#8 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 725 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:34 PM

My Streamlight Nano has served me well and has survived being with my keys, but I recently upgraded to the Prometheus Beta-QR Chris linked. If I were to go smaller I would definitely go Nitecore Tube, and if I were sidegrading I'd go with either L3's L10C Hi-Cri or Surefire's new Titan Plus.

Other than those, Maratac's lights are always a keeper, and I have previous experience with a Lumapower LM21, which I quite liked.

Any other specs/features you're looking for so we can help narrow it down?

• Gunter likes this

#9 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:50 AM

Gunter, is that as big as you're willing to go?  If you're willing to go a bit more expensive and a tad larger, check out one of the Prometheus lights.  I'm looking at these to add some style and class!

+1 on Prometheus lights.  If I had the bucks, I'd snap up an Alpha Ready-Made or Blue Label.  They're works of art!

• Chris Szaroleta likes this

#10 Alester Lazar

Alester Lazar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:58 AM

I like to keep a Streamlight Nano Light on my Leatherman CS.  Works great in emergencies.  Nice and bright.IMG_20150123_033107.jpg

• John likes this

#11 Gunter

Gunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:05 AM

My Streamlight Nano has served me well and has survived being with my keys, but I recently upgraded to the Prometheus Beta-QR Chris linked. If I were to go smaller I would definitely go Nitecore Tube, and if I were sidegrading I'd go with either L3's L10C Hi-Cri or Surefire's new Titan Plus.

Other than those, Maratac's lights are always a keeper, and I have previous experience with a Lumapower LM21, which I quite liked.

Any other specs/features you're looking for so we can help narrow it down?

I'm just looking for something unusually small and really bright. I have a bunch of tools on my keys (I probably need to streamline them, but I can't stand the thought of needing them and not having them) so it needs to be pretty compact. This won't be my main carry light, just something to use in situations like I dropped something under the seat of my truck or something like that.

#12 Dom

Dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:05 AM

Damn Duff - now I need one of these

• Jim Carr likes this

#13 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:32 PM

Yes you do !

#14 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 09:55 PM

Gunter, did you ever end up deciding on which light to get for your key chain?

• Stupendous Walrus and Chris Szaroleta like this

#15 Jim Carr

Jim Carr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:06 PM

Damn Duff - now I need one of these

I echo this statment Dom.. Duff.. I need one of these..

• Duff72 and Chris Szaroleta like this

#16 Dom

Dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:27 PM

Haha yeah this happens here a lot. I didn't get one yet...on my wishlist...

• Chris Szaroleta likes this

#17 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:54 PM

Speaking of keychain lights, since there's been so much Fenix buzz lately, have you guys seen this little fella?  The Fenix E15...teenie tiny and 170 Lumens!!!

41n57KaBhNL.jpg

• Dom, Mel R. and Mikkel like this

#18 David Quevedo

David Quevedo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:11 PM

Speaking of keychain lights, since there's been so much Fenix buzz lately, have you guys seen this little fella? The Fenix E15...teenie tiny and 170 Lumens!!!

41n57KaBhNL.jpg

Yup. That was my first Fenix light: except that mine was the 140 lumen version, which I lost. I loved it so much, I bought another one - this time, the 170 lumen version. I have pictures of it, in use, posted somewhere within these threads lol.

Ahhh...here we go:

101_1882a.jpg

101_2051b-blackandlightcropped.jpg

Both of these shots were taken, using the older 140 lumen version.  Fenix do not recommend the use of a lithium ion battery (16340); but I'm using a LiFePO4 battery in it, now, and it seems to be working very reliably, so no more of the dreaded CR123 batteries for me.  They get super expensive, very quickly, having to constantly replace them.

Edit - 03-30-16 - Fenix have now introduced the 2016 version of this light, which DOES accept a 16340 battery, and packs a whopping 450 lumens, on turbo :-)

• Dom, Mel R. and Chris Szaroleta like this

#19 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:12 PM

and I echo, Yes you do.
  • Dom, Mel R. and Chris Szaroleta like this

#20 Dom

Dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:48 PM

and I echo, Yes you do.

I still haven't gotten it yet...still on my list...still need it...
  • Mel R. and Chris Szaroleta like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users