34 replies to this topic

#21 dischu

dischu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:11 PM

Yes, but shipping costs will be multiple costs of the handkerchiefs or am I wrong?  :mellow:

• Maximoner, Sexymoned, Saefted and 2 others like this

The 'Lemmium' campaign - Sign the petition

#22 Becci

Becci

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:13 PM

Hi

I make EDC Hanks

All EDC Hanks are made with the best fabrics and quality workmanship, if you have any questions or need quantity please contact me. I am always open for suggestions and custom orders.

Custom Monogramming available 

Free U.S. Shipping

Attached Files

• John L Coulter likes this

#23 Griffen Kociela

Griffen Kociela

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:19 PM

I got a package of 6 white cotton handkerchiefs from Target for about $4

#24 Becci

Becci

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 10:55 PM

EDC HANKS

Star Wars and Superman Available

Special 13$ each Free US Shipping

#25 Becci

Becci

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:00 PM

https://www.etsy.com...f=hdr_shop_menu

#26 TK

TK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:12 PM

I follow a few people on Instagram including elite hanks, cranky hanky, and hanks by Hank all quality made and reasonably priced I own one from the first two guys and they are badass they have plain and designs but the quality is awesome. Check them out

#27 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:25 PM

This morning I browsed through at least 15 different shops and as far as stitching and attention to detail this one is my favorite.

Red Raven http://www.redravenh....bigcartel.com/ Look at the different types of stitching patterns and even the detaill going down the middle. Very nice.

IMG_7246.JPG

IMG_7230.JPG

#28 Jason B

Jason B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 08:12 PM

I make "geeky" themed handkerchiefs (Star Wars, Doctor Who, & Nintendo). Those Red Raven hankies look really cool.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Hankensteins

Attached Files

#29 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:39 PM

I just checked out your stuff. Dope! Now if you could add Superman and Adventure Time I'd buy quite a bit.  ;)

I make "geeky" themed handkerchiefs (Star Wars, Doctor Who, & Nintendo). Those Red Raven hankies look really cool.

#30 William

William

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:57 PM

Just bought a Harry Potter hanky, looks really neat.

#31 TheHankShop

TheHankShop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:14 AM

Hi Dan.
I have a little shop on ETSY called TheHankShop and I specialize in EDC Hanks. I have a 5 star rating from over 43 reviews and 317 sales since I started up. My hanks are in most cases 100% cotton, traditional prints or novelty. Please fell free to check me out!

#32 TheHankShop

TheHankShop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:20 AM

I have also searched for EDC handkerchiefs. I could find some nice hanks but all in US with expensive shipping costs to Germany. It seems that such handkerchiefs are noch available in Germany or I can not find them. So if anyone know a supplier in Germany or even Europe for EDC hanks please inform me.

In Germany I can only find boring grandpa handkerchiefs  :wacko:

Hi. I have shipped many to Germany! It is only $3.60 CAD or around $2.25US. I sell traditional and novelty prints. Check out my Etsy shop:

#33 TheHankShop

TheHankShop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 10:20 AM

Just wanted to chirp in here once more and say a big thank you for everyone that has purchased my Hanks! You have not only allowed me to start working at this full time but now I have gained my independence back!!

and now some shameless advertising for my shop on Etsy...The Hank Shop

Attached Files

• Attached File  001.JPG   181.19KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  011.JPG   198.48KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  047.JPG   197.41KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  086.JPG   169.81KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  090.JPG   218.46KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  3.jpg   56.15KB   0 downloads

#34 The Narrow Gent

The Narrow Gent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:29 PM

Go to any decent fabric store and look for, IIRC, remnants. That might not be the name, but all the stores here sell squares of material that are too small to be used as a bandana, but look a little bigger than a hankie. (Just remembered-they are called "fat quarters", and I think they may be for quilting.*) They sell 'em pretty cheap to really cheap. Ask if someone there wants to make a few bucks adding stitching to the edges, or find a place that does alterations and see what they'd charge for edging the material. Or if you have a GF/wife/sister/friend with a sewing machine ask that person. Trade them something. Any decent sewing machine now has the stitch you need for that. If you don't like the bits of material, you can buy something you like. The place here sells material off the bolts in 6 inch increments, and I think a bolt is usually 3 feet wide. Get a foot and you'd have enough for 3 single sided hankies. What the hell, we're EDCers and like to customize our carry, right?

*Turns out, after researching it, that a "fat quarter" is a standard size piece of material 18x22 inches. Who knew?

I did just that. My wife is a seamstress, so it was a piece of cake to make me a few and I alternate between them every day. 

#35 OAV

OAV

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 07:37 PM

My question for you gents is this, if you EDC a handkerchief why are you carrying one at all?

I can understand one for a suit perhaps, but if you are already carrying half of a bandanna I would imagine you aren't using it for a suit.

A handkerchief will lose a lot of it's many uses due simply to its size in contrast to a bandanna.

For myself I carry two olive drab military cravats they come in very compact sealed plastic bag with 2 large safety pins each. I can use them for a sling and swathe and I can use them as tourniquets.

It would be nice to get the same thing in a more stylish print however..

I usually carry a bandana but have some proper handkerchiefs. I find the bandana more useful because of its’ size and they are more robust. I find the hankies a little too thin like a fancy gauze.

Now to answer your question, what do I use it for? For everything! Chain fell off bike on commute to/from work, use it hold the chain or wipe your hands after. Dry your hands in a public washroom - I hate those stupid blowers. I ate a particularly messy lobster roll at lunch today and those take out knapkins weren’t going to get it, so I put my bandana on my lap - I was clean for a meeting after lunch. Wipe your brow. Blow your nose. Use as a small scarf. Use to block mouth and nose in dusty environment. Found a dog that escaped from a backyard, tied it around their neck to use as a leash/collar and brought the dog back. We have a one year old and am constantly using one to clean him up.

So my question to you is, why aren’t you carrying one in your back pocket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users