Logo

Today's Active Posts

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Shaving. What razor & method do you use?

164 replies to this topic

#161 Mark Nielsen

Mark Nielsen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:06 AM

I have my dad's old Gillette safety that he used in the early 60s when he was in the army- he tells me how he had 2, one to use and one to keep shiny in his footlocker for inspections.

I use it with a badger hair brush and Proraso cream.

Smells great, works great.

#162 Bob Winstead

Bob Winstead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:15 PM

I bought the razor that Rick Harris on Pawn stores pimps on tv, the double edge safety razor, paid $19.99 for the kit, and I pay $1.00 for a little box of refills.

#163 Peter

Peter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:36 PM

Right now I have a beard. But when I don't, I shave daily. I use a Merkur double edge safety razor like this:

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B002A8JO48

There's 3 main ways of shaving:

1. electric

2. disposable blades

3. old school - straight blade or safety razor

I've tried all 3, but because of my thick beard only the safety razor works for me. It has the nice side benefit of being inexpensive. The last time I bought blades, they were $20 for 100. I use 1 blade per week, so essentially a 2 year supply @ 20 cents/week. The razor itself is an initial investment, but long term is far less expensive than disposables.  I used to use a shaving brush to apply soap from a mug (old school style), but have settled on using the lotion style from a can.  

What do you use & why?

I tend to take things to extremes...

Safety razor - shave three times (down, sideways then upstrokes) fresh foam for each shave - for that smooth feeling.

I only use a badger hair brush and Proraso Pre-shave, shave soap and after shave.

Finish off with a final shave using a wet/dry Norelco electric shaver (with more foam) for that baby smooth skin.

All up - 15 minutes effort.

My wife loves it.

#164 Micha Pawlecki

Micha Pawlecki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:45 PM

I've been using gillette a long long time. It's the best brand of safety razors You can check it here http://www.gillette.co.in 

#165 kirinite grips

kirinite grips

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:52 AM

Kirinite Grips

Beginner Knife handles, Knife scales, Knife making. Make with detailed included instructions your first handmade knife and be surprised about your own handmade knife. Best prices,  selection and service. Visit us Today!   Website : - kirinite dot com

mach_1.jpg?w=298&h=186&crop&ssl=1three_1.jpg?w=298&h=186&crop&ssl=1razor_set_3.jpg?w=298&h=298&crop=1&ssl=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users