61 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Post

Dan Post

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:51 PM

What is your favorite series? For me, it is Breaking Bad. I have watched the whole series about 6 times, and will probably continue watching it.. Right under that is Dexter, but I believe Sons of Anarchy may beat it.. Can't say for sure yet since I am only on the second season.

#2 Chris Doherty

Chris Doherty

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:59 PM

Oh man, there are so many I love.  If I had to choose my top 3 i'd go with Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and The Wire.  Breaking Bad is easily in my top 5 though. 

I enjoyed Dexter up to the end of the 4th season, then it took a nosedive. The series finale ( and the entire last season really) was the worst thing i've ever seen.  Sons of Anarchy is a great show, nothing bad to say about it haha.  

#3 Nathaniel P

Nathaniel P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:00 PM

We don't have TV, but as far as Netflix goes, I personally like Marvel: Agents of Shield. Love the blend of realistic spy-type action and the classic awesomeness of superheros. 

• Scott Johnson likes this

#4 Chris Doherty

Chris Doherty

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:05 PM

We don't have TV, but as far as Netflix goes, I personally like Marvel: Agents of Shield. Love the blend of realistic spy-type action and the classic awesomeness of superheros. 

I like that show as well, but if you are just starting it, know that the first half of the first season is kinda bad, but it really picks up after the 7th episode

• Scott Johnson likes this

#5 Nathaniel P

Nathaniel P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:10 PM

I like that show as well, but if you are just starting it, know that the first half of the first season is kinda bad, but it really picks up after the 7th episode

Thanks for the warning, but we already binged watched the first two seasons. :D Can't wait for the third to come out on Netflix, the cliff hanger at the S2 finale...

• Chris Doherty likes this

#6 Chris Doherty

Chris Doherty

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:13 PM

Thanks for the warning, but we already binged watched the first two seasons. :D Can't wait for the third to come out on Netflix, the cliff hanger at the S2 finale...

hmm for some reason i cant remember what the cliffhanger was.. i watch too many shows lolol

#7 Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMilford Haven

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:09 PM

Breaking Bad is currently at the top of the list.

I've just finished watching The Following (nonsense, but I enjoyed the hell out of it) and Daredevil, and am currently about halfway through the first series of Better Call Saul.  I have The Sopranos, The Wire, Hannibal, and Mad Men lined up.  My old man has the first four Game of Thrones boxes, so I'll get around to them at some point.  So much good stuff.  I'm old enough to remember when we (in the UK) had three channels and you could go days without watching anything.  Admittedly, I was a kid, so I had other priorities, but still.

Has anyone any thoughts on/knowledge of The Blacklist?  The trailers I've seen look good, but don't they always?

#8 Gundose

Gundose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:45 PM

The Walking Dead... DUH! Haha :D

Follow me on Instagram! | Post your photos on Reddit!

#9 Dan Post

Dan Post

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 10:53 PM

Oh man, there are so many I love. If I had to choose my top 3 i'd go with Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and The Wire. Breaking Bad is easily in my top 5 though.

I enjoyed Dexter up to the end of the 4th season, then it took a nosedive. The series finale ( and the entire last season really) was the worst thing i've ever seen. Sons of Anarchy is a great show, nothing bad to say about it haha.

I totally agree about Dexter. I still watched all the seasons because I was really into the show, but it did get disappointing after the Trinity killer.

#10 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:09 AM

There's a ton of good TV. I watch a ton (as I work since I always need something in the background). 

My favorites are The Wire (duh), Mad Men, and Seinfeld. I think Seinfeld gets forgotten a lot; I think there are less comedies that have made it to that level then there are dramas that have made it to the level of Mad Men/Sopranos/Wire. For example, new series that are very good, are Mr Robot and The Knick (this will probably become my favorite show if it continues, its breathtakingly shot). The first season of True Detective is also a masterpiece of cinematography.  I also really dig the 2nd season of Halt and Catch Fire. I watch most of the HBO shows, and Togetherness (coming back for a second season) will be really funny.

I also enjoy game of thrones, but I'm sorry to say I can't stand the Walking Dead. I understand its appeal, but they cheap out on sets and under develop characters. The first season was great, and then they went to the farm.  Also, guess whats ganna happen every episode? Someone does something stupid and gets eaten, then people get mad, and then there is a fight, then they have to leave and rebuild. I think Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead are interesting case studies in how to write a nihilist story: where as Game of Thrones builds to something bigger than the individual characters even as smaller plot lines break down The Walking Dead completely survives on the smaller story lines and breaks down the bigger story lines that might develop.  My entire family (except me, I'm a physicist) is in show business so it's always funny to see how these things turn out. Would you believe that HBO passed on both Mad Men and The Walking Dead? I bet they regret that now.  

#11 Bard

Bard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:14 AM

My top three: Fargo, The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

#12 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:07 AM

I've watched Fargo bought want to, I really loved the movie. I with others about Better Call Saul. There are great new shows out there but you can't beat The Twilight Zone and I love Lucy.
  • KlaudeMarks likes this

#13 Chris Doherty

Chris Doherty

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 524 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:36 AM

My top three: Fargo, The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

Fargo (movie and TV series) is awesome!

• Bard likes this

#14 Andrea Lok

Andrea Lok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:54 AM

My top three:  House, Gilmore Girls and Big Bang Theory.

I just can't get into the Walking Dead.  I understand the appeal - survive zombies, but it's always the same.  Oh look, we need supplies at the other end of the city.  Oh look, someone got stupid and got bitten/killed.  Oh look, humans.  Somehow, the humans are always worse than the zombie threat.

#15 m hunke

m hunke

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:28 PM

Love Fargo the Series. The Wire was one of my favorites when it was on. Also I really liked Justified for the few seasons I saw it. And Sons of Anarchy. I really liked 24 when i could binge watch it. The other show I liked when it was on air was Without a Trace.

And my beloved Top Gear which finally ended this year. Still watch all the reruns

• Bard likes this

#16 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:15 AM

Yukon men, Dual survival, cops. BBC Top Gear.

#17 Murray Oliver

Murray Oliver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:51 AM

currently

• Longmire (appeals to my inner honourable oldie tymme Sherriff),
  • Wentworth (Aussie gals in jail but not at all that... just gets better and better) , and,
  • Orphan Black (one gal plays 7? different characters/clone amazingly and it gets better and better in the plot line... and shot in my neighbourhood in Toronto!)

• Zach Glass likes this

What nature requires is obtainable, and easily within reach. It is for the superfluous we sweat.

Lucius Annaeus Seneca

http://www.plinkercases.ca

maker@plinkercases.ca

#18 James Wright

James Wright

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:21 AM

Married With Children.  Gotta love everyman, Al Bundy's, struggle with life.  Watch just before bed and go to sleep with a smile on my face.  Sweet.

• armydoc likes this

#19 Dan

Dan

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:34 AM

My favorites are here : http://followshows.com/user/dMaAUE

#20 Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMilford Haven

Posted 26 October 2015 - 01:02 PM

currently

• Longmire (appeals to my inner honourable oldie tymme Sherriff),
  • Wentworth (Aussie gals in jail but not at all that... just gets better and better) , and,
  • Orphan Black (one gal plays 7? different characters/clone amazingly and it gets better and better in the plot line... and shot in my neighbourhood in Toronto!)

I'm with you on Wentworth, mate.  We've just finished the third season here.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users