22 replies to this topic

#21 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:26 PM

Looking to streamline my carry by only carrying "one" thing instead of "two". I currently carry my Field Notes in my back left pocket, with my bullet in the front right, so I'm looking for something that will let me combine them. My criteria:

1. Must be made to hold a Field Notes standard notebook

2. Should be able to somehow accommodate a Fisher Bullet pen. I may consider buying one of the clicky variants if necessary.

3. Should be completely black in color. Everything else in my carry is black, and I would like to stick with that theme.

4. Under $60

Well, damn. This pretty much hits EVERY mark. http://www.rickshawb...nal-sleeve-4184

pocketdojo-stdmemorandum.jpg

Man, if I had seen this before the Recycled Firefighter one I most likely would have gotten this instead. But I love supporting Jake and I do like the features of the wallet (patch, material, slim, pockets) it just was lacking the pencil/pen holder which is why I got the Rookie Band. I LOVE the Rickshaw integration though. Also made in America. Dang.....

#22 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:27 PM

And these - http://www.rickshawb...ournal-sleevesĀ  The one below is actually using a Bullet Pencil. The exact same thing I'm getting the Rookie band for! Well, the Field Notes came in a 3 pack! Hahahaha Seriously though, it opens up to me being able to carry a pen, Sharpie, or eraser.

pjs-lsgrey_4.jpg

7_4.jpg

#23 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:49 AM

Glad I could help! That sounds like it would be a great combination!

Thanks again! My stuff is on the way. I'll post a pic.

Short review: The wallet is okay. The edges weren't trimmed cleanly so I had to do it myself. The hypalon material is warming up to me as this is my first experience with it. It's grippy, tough and can take some abuse while extending the life of the book inside. It catches dust particles and the like easy. Being able to slap a patch on there is neat but you can also slap a loop adhesive sticker if this one want sewn on.

The Rookie Band on this is absolutely terrible. Everyone keep in mind the band wasn't intended to be used that way, but I thought I'd try.

I'd give the Inspector 3/5 stars, one star docked because it didn't my personal needs but the other for the craftsmanship, at least on this one I got.

The PocketDoJo Notebook seems to meet my needs and then some. I'll look into getting that soon.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users