The North Face Surge (2015) and Patagonia Ascensionist Pack 25L

• Dave and Moose like this

#42 PNWadventurer

PNWadventurer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:16 PM

Agreed!  The Smart Backpack is pretty cool!

#43 Joeyyk

Joeyyk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 10:27 PM

i am currently using a 5.11 covrt 18 as my everyday backpack. and it is one amazing backpack. mine is in the ice color. definitely recommend it looks like any regular backpack. the is a great video of it on their website. link below.

http://www.511tactic...8-backpack.html

#44 John Smith

John Smith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:33 AM

c4c2144a-0565-4f72-bcbd-b5b77db11aa6_zps

Patagonia Atom Sling

• Moose likes this

#45 John Smith

John Smith

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:38 AM

This is the one I am using every day. A Timbuk2 realization. They offer a great variety of models with great possibility of personnalization.

425d2071-b76b-4f88-a2ad-11792f1f3982_zps

• Dave, big Easy and Moose like this

#46 Lan Wi

Lan Wi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:55 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=E_-VO83SeV0  

Okay I found this one for you 

#47 Juno

Juno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 03:23 AM

for boys here, Backpacks Black for Men

for girls'Backpacks,

these backpacks are pop in school, especially in Asia, but if you want some Europe style, you can have a look the street style backpack

street-style-unisex-black-cap-shape-flap

#48 Darren Tong

Darren Tong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 04:04 AM

I have to second North Face. Great bags. This is my North Face Rainer (the outlet version of the North Face Recon). I recently used it for my 2 week trip to Hong Kong and Tokyo. Excellent comfort, back and shoulder support. I wore it every waking minute of this trip. It was literally a part of me. Great pocket setup with excellent organization options. I used every inch of this bag on this trip.

Attached File  image.jpg   172.63KB   0 downloads

#49 Roscoe Montgomery

Roscoe Montgomery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 07:53 AM

Dakine Heli Pro are awesome

#50 John B.

John B.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:23 PM

i am currently using a 5.11 covrt 18 as my everyday backpack. and it is one amazing backpack. mine is in the ice color. definitely recommend it looks like any regular backpack. the is a great video of it on their website. link below.

http://www.511tactic...8-backpack.html

I'm another one that uses the Covrt 18 and must say that it's been able to hold up to everyday use without any tearing or even exposing of the seams. Considering I also maintain 3 days worth of supplies in it in addition to my everyday gear, this is bonus points from my end.

#51 Wolfhunter

Wolfhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:18 AM

Anyone use 5.11 tactical covrt18? I know this is more of a concealed carry backpack but I actually bring it everywhere especially considering my laptop is large (15"). Downside is just the price is a bit too "heavy" but well worth the money. some youtube video and review about the pack:

http://renfels.com/5...kpack-reviewed/

I also use this. I've been using mine for years and years and it's durable as heck!

I commute to work every day at the moment now and the pack holds my IFAK, Camelbak Eddy-bottle, lunch, breakfast, sunglasses, batteries and all that without any problems what so ever. 

My MacBook Air 13" that I use in my spare time fits the internal laptop-pouch even if it's a little small for the pouch but it works flawlessly.

Some of the best "bag-money" I've ever spent.

When I don't need to drag around on food and stuff I use the 5.11 LIMA messengerbag. It's an absolutely fantastic bag also. I'll try to get pics up of both of them when sometime soon.

-- Wolfhunter

Security is not an option, it's a way of life...

#52 Enzo

Enzo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 10:28 PM

Could anyone suggest an everyday carry backpack for a student or young professional? 

try this one https://www.amazon.c...th strap tomtoc, big enough for 15 inch macbook, books and other everyday carrying things, lightweight and comfortable!

I recommend it

#53 lemonslush

lemonslush

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:38 PM

I think  someone mentioned the same bag above. For work and most days I carry a 5.11 rush 24. I love the organization and it holds all my work stuff. 

For weekends and daddy duties I carry a maxpedition sling bag. Fits all the stuff I need for the baby, my ipad and my carry gun of choice for that day. 

#54 Limi

Limi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:18 AM

For work and commute,  I carry a LeWhisper commuter backpack. It has a unique business style look, one of the best looking backpacks in my opinion. I got the blue one, the olive green version also looks great.

It's beautifully crafted and super functional, with 2 big compartments and various-size small pockets/zip pockets to store all my work gears and personal items. It could even fit my gym gears! Everything is organized well and easy to access.  It even comes with an independent dopp kit that holds cellphone, bank cards and small personal stuff, so you can easily grab and go for lunch. I like it a lot.

TB2cxlTeypnpuFjSZFkXXc4ZpXa_!!0-rate.jpg

• olmo likes this

#55 Wolfhunter

Wolfhunter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:01 AM

I decided to try a slingpack.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread I use the 5.11 Covrt-18 backpack and the 5.11 Rush Delivery LIMA messengerbag, but I now also have a 5.11 Rush MOAB 10.

It's the first time for me with a slingpack and so far I like it a lot. It has also forced me to reduce my "bag-edc" somewhat (some stuff in there that I didn't really need). I am very happy with it so far. I bought it of off another geardo that didn't use it anymore. Good as new.

Image attached.

EDIT 1: It DOES get a bit heavy and uncomfortable if you pack it up with too much stuff. I've decided to go light for a while now during the summer so at the moment it's not a problem.

The exterior pocket (with the metal hook on it) holds a nice and steady IFAK without bulging up.

Attached Files

Edited by Wolfhunter, 19 June 2017 - 03:03 AM.

-- Wolfhunter

Security is not an option, it's a way of life...

#56 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:59 PM

It's an excellent bag, one of my favorites.

#57 Sudhanshu Rana

Sudhanshu Rana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:43 AM

are you looking for waterproof laptop backpack or simple backpack ?

#58 Syed Ihsan

Syed Ihsan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationShah Alam, Selangor, West Malaysia

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

If you are open for choices, try  http://travelitemsfo...hp?page=7225701. You'll see on the right corner a link to Carry Backpacks. It'll take you to a range of backpacks carried by Amazon, with reviews..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users