57 replies to this topic

#21 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:27 AM

I just ordered a 511 rush Mike messenger bag for a new EDC I want to put together. Can't wait for it to get here. I picked up a Ruger SR9C to use as a new carry gun, and I figured it would be a good time to rethink my entire EDC and incorporate it into the bag. I also ordered a maxpetition hook and loop combination gun cuff / mag pouch, and 2 extra 3 place hook and loop elastic loop gear holders to go with it. 

• Chris Szaroleta likes this

#22 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:38 PM

Just got in to find brown santa had delivered some goodies! My new EDC bag is here, a 511 Rush Mike bag. I also got a maxpedition velcro gun cuff / single mag holder, Maxpedition 3 place velcro attachment mag/ gear holder, a new Fenix signal whistle, and my new Crossbreed super tuck for my Ruger SR9C. Still waiting on a couple other items, but its a start!

84FC9011-9CF4-4EBE-9A3A-1C10F93921D6_zps

273B8AC5-B6D1-40EC-8AEA-475AB05280B5_zps

BE2EC62E-4DBE-4A70-BCCB-2E4B09E53705_zps

• Mikey Bautista, Marc and Dave like this

#23 Marc

Marc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:06 PM

Don't you love those days when you get stuff you did not expect for a while???

• Glen, John B. and Brendan like this

#24 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:16 PM

Don't you love those days when you get stuff you did not expect for a while???

YUP! I'm hoping to have another one tomorrow! :D Still waiting on mag pouch, a new Fenix PD35 light, a fixed blade knife, new Mechanix tactical gloves, and another set of 2 way radios. 

#25 Marc

Marc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:58 PM

YUP! I'm hoping to have another one tomorrow! :D Still waiting on mag pouch, a new Fenix PD35 light, a fixed blade knife, new Mechanix tactical gloves, and another set of 2 way radios. 

You have way too much money, Coldwater.  How about you funnel some back to my charity over here, called "4Teenboys@home" ???

#26 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:42 PM

Haha! i spent years as a poor man. Only one daughter, but Catholic school right across the board, then college. She's done and out of the nest. Now It's MY turn! :D

• Glen, John B., Mikey Bautista and 3 others like this

#27 Samuel Dunn

Samuel Dunn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:43 AM

Anyone had any experience with the Tom Bihn Synapse 25? Looks great but a little hesitant to drop the $230.

Even open to suggestions of things people have found similar or better?

#28 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:42 AM

That is a LOT of money for a little bag! I found this report on it...

http://www.libertari...ihn-synapse-25/

#29 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:56 PM

I use the north face surge. Found it to be perfect for my needs. Well constructed, tough, not to big, and it's got the north face lifetime guarantee. What's not to love. Plenty of pockets and a nice organizer panel. Water bottle pockets on each side and quick access to everything. It's a good durable tough bag that looks nice enough for the office buts tough enough for the field. Mine is with me in meetings, boarding ships in the ocean and being hoisted in and out of helicopters. I've had it about 8 years and it still looks great.

My other bag I use for work is a timbuk2. Also would highly recommend their products!!
  • Stupendous Walrus and Mel R. like this

#30 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:16 PM

I use the north face surge. Found it to be perfect for my needs. Well constructed, tough, not to big, and it's got the north face lifetime guarantee. What's not to love. Plenty of pockets and a nice organizer panel. Water bottle pockets on each side and quick access to everything. It's a good durable tough bag that looks nice enough for the office buts tough enough for the field. Mine is with me in meetings, boarding ships in the ocean and being hoisted in and out of helicopters. I've had it about 8 years and it still looks great.
My other bag I use for work is a timbuk2. Also would highly recommend their products!!

North Face gear is top of the line. Many fans of it here.
  • Dave likes this

#31 Giannis Merichovitis

Giannis Merichovitis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:28 PM

North Face gear is top of the line. Many fans of it here.

North Face makes some top level gear! I am one of said fans! :D
  • Dave likes this

#32 Arnie

Arnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:47 AM

I can comment on the Tom Bihn bags. LOVE those bags. I use Synapse 19 as my work EDC bag (don't carry an EDC bag outside of work). I have a Smart Alec for carry-on and most other backpack needs. And, I also have an Aeronaut 45 for carry-on only travel. I also have lots of pouches and organizers for the bags. We do a lot of traveling (my wife owns a travel agency). The build quality is outstanding as well as the company's customer service and you do pay for it with a premium. However, I feel it's completely worth it for what you get.

#33 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:09 PM

Check out Saddleback's briefcases- they have a 100 year warranty and look great!

#34 Giannis Merichovitis

Giannis Merichovitis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:42 AM

I think I'm buying a Rothco Medium Transport pack or something similar to this. I saw it on BattlBox mission 2 and it looks really nice and functional!

#35 big Easy

big Easy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:45 PM

Slightly more tacticool-looking for an office space, but I don't care and carry my 5.11 MOAB 10 hard. Fits my 12" laptop and really enjoy the sling over shoulder straps. Looking to get a RUSH 24 as well in the near future for my travel carry-on.

tumblr_ndu3zgf7T91tzj94wo1_1280.jpg

Love the patch Mikey! Where can I find them? I really want to find that flag...

#36 big Easy

big Easy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 12:49 PM

I agree with the overall consensus. Professional go with a good quality messenger bag. As a student go with a good sleek backpack. Nothing fancy unless you will be travelling with the bag as well. Invest in a good quality mess bag and look professional.

#37 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 781 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:07 PM

Love the patch Mikey! Where can I find them? I really want to find that flag...

That one was actually a gift to me -- my brother found it in a tactical shop in Singapore. :P

• big Easy likes this

#38 Alli3001

Alli3001

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:11 AM

Anyone use 5.11 tactical covrt18? I know this is more of a concealed carry backpack but I actually bring it everywhere especially considering my laptop is large (15"). Downside is just the price is a bit too "heavy" but well worth the money. some youtube video and review about the pack:

http://renfels.com/5...kpack-reviewed/

#39 carry128

carry128

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 03:08 AM

I using a canvas backpack.

http://bit.ly/1QKzL7G

#40 Rodo

Rodo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:40 AM

Nothing wrong with a professional using a backpack, doctors, lawyers etc use them all the time. It just depends what kind of backpack you use. But for good all around versatile backpacks I like Roots,  Saddleback leather, and Custom Hide, their backpacks look good just about anywhere, from the office to urban exploring, plus they'll last you a long time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users