Calling all fidgeters

37 replies to this topic

#21 SavageX

SavageX

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:33 PM

I tend to fidget a lot too. I've looked at the tops but want something that stays in my hand. I really like the look of spinners but they are super hard to find.

Search on google. "Spinner edc"

#22 chorpie

chorpie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationCentral Coast, California

Posted 08 October 2016 - 12:24 AM

Any of you see this yet? I'm torn on getting one or not...

https://www.kickstar...-vinyl-desk-toy

#23 Doug Nielson

Doug Nielson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:46 AM

Here is my suggestion, however, you might not want to do it around other people...

Get a padlock and lock-picking tools. Seriously. Just like EDC - lock-picking is a legitimate hobby - as long as you are doing it ONLY for your own benefit and not at the expense of others.

It really trains your senses (touch, hearing, patience) and skill if you practise enough. And, if you are ever locked out of your own house, car, etc. it comes in handy and saves you the cost of a locksmith.

Do a Google search and, as I mentioned, you will find websites devoted to learning this skill, just like any other.

#24 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 727 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 18 December 2016 - 05:00 AM

Here is my suggestion, however, you might not want to do it around other people...

Get a padlock and lock-picking tools. Seriously. Just like EDC - lock-picking is a legitimate hobby - as long as you are doing it ONLY for your own benefit and not at the expense of others.

It really trains your senses (touch, hearing, patience) and skill if you practise enough. And, if you are ever locked out of your own house, car, etc. it comes in handy and saves you the cost of a locksmith.

Do a Google search and, as I mentioned, you will find websites devoted to learning this skill, just like any other.

I got myself a lockpick set and practice lock not too long ago to work on this very skill!

rKEHE7Y.jpg

#25 gcardinal

gcardinal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:24 AM

I would definetly recommend a small fidget spinner. Stay away from big ones - their are more for show-off then for actuall fidgeting. Its like a flipper - the best ones are not the moster types. In a very humble way I would suggest this one. I'm the person behind it.

Attached File  16465661_1918740555025907_1868873586274467840_n.jpg   148.59KB   0 downloads

#26 Jerry Pruitt

Jerry Pruitt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

I will be using counter beads to keep me focus and tentative.

#27 Jerry Pruitt

Jerry Pruitt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

Lock picking is A must skill I think everyone should have when it comes to shtf. Never know when you will need that skill.

#28 Smith James

Smith James

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:42 AM

Fidget toys are probably one of my favourite things at the moment, I have a few different things on my desk at work to keep my idle hands busy and to stop fiddling with pens or whatever else I can get my hands on. They're also claimed to be good to help with anxiety, autism and ADHD.

#29 Smith James

Smith James

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:49 AM

I am very glad that most of you guys like this hand fidget spinner focus toy EDC.

#30 Ryan Riches

Ryan Riches

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:44 PM

New awesome spinner on Massdrop starting May 9th.

#31 Smith James

Smith James

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:22 AM

I'd love to click away all my worries. Keen on a few pending legitimacy ..

Fidget Cube and Spinner

#32 CyberShadow

CyberShadow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:06 AM

I have a ton of options for hand-candy. I tried those spinner things, but they are not for me. As for the fidgit cubes.... I would prefer a square of bubble wrap.

My main 'always with me' is a spinner ring. I have over a dozen of these after a KS - www.critsuccess.com

Outside of this, I usually have a yoyo to hand, although thats not really for 'sitting at the desk at the office'. I am building a Begleri, after a thread here piqued my interest. I also usually have things like a rubiks cube or even a little toy on my desk to mess with. I also have some Chinese balls and a selection of large ballbearings and marbles to fiddle with, stashed in various drawers.

As for EDC specific items - the spinner rings are an every day addition. The Begleri will be.

#33 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:05 PM

Long-time reader but first-time poster here. Also a huge fidget fan who has tried several different things from cubes, spinners, coins and bits of fluff (it's a long story) but my favourite has to be the Thinket.

Well made and great fun, I'd thoroughly recommend them.
Attached File  IMG_8290.JPG   82.33KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_3832.JPG   98.78KB   0 downloads

#34 Rob Amsler

Rob Amsler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:14 PM

I though I was just weird for years. I have all sorts of fidget things..Lotts and lots of magnets until I started making my own magnetic products to feed the need.. Heres a short list..not all pocketable though

..A power ball is a fun one that also gives you a workout..

..Silly putty.. 

..The think it figet

..silver Coins.. worrycoins or any smooth thing..

..Fobs and beads on any pocket gadget.

...ball bearings.. but now thats an obvious one.. 

..The orbiter figet

..The products I make with magnets in them..

#35 Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:19 PM

I fidget with my brain. Can't stop thinking. I can sit still no problem but my brain needs to be occupied.

#36 Andy Harms

Andy Harms

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:43 PM

Here there a ton of great ideas. I love my bike chain key ring fidget. Very small and inexpensive but addicting to play with and an EDC for me.

#37 Oleg22

Oleg22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:37 PM

I recently barged into the article in that much useful information about bearing that can be used and how to use them. All most necessary for such as I, who collects toys.

#38 topbreak38

topbreak38

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:22 AM

The Antsy Labs Fidget Cube was made for you.

It was a major campaign on Kickstarter and now it is available for $10 bucks at any Walmart or Toys 'R Us.

You can find knockoffs for less, but the parts won't move around as smoothly.

You can even get superhero themes like Batman and Wonder Woman.

HpHk43F.jpg?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users