#1 Griffen Kociela

Griffen Kociela

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:13 AM

I am a big time fidgeter, but I have yet to integrate something into my EDC to help keep my hands occupied. Usually I just end up playing with my knife or resorting to my phone. Does anyone have something in their EDC specifically for this purpose?

• James Caro and andrew holland like this

#2 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:35 AM

20141121_203026.jpg

made this to fidget with
  • Griffen Kociela and Marc like this

#3 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 726 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:55 AM

I get a lot of kicks from typing on my Model M, but I would certainly want to add a BaliYo or trainer balisong to flip with, and after seeing tops everywhere like Duff posted, I also want a Prometheus Lambda to add to the mix.

• Chris Szaroleta likes this

#4 Dom

Dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:13 AM

Here's another top:

https://store.kaufma...l-spinning-tops

#5 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 726 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:25 AM

Thanks Dom! Now I'm wondering if anyone owns a few of these with matching convex lens collection who could tell us which is the longest spinner?  :lol:

• Dom likes this

#6 Marc

Marc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:54 AM

Duff, I think you can make a few bucks here!  Chris has already committed to buying one, and I would like to get one too.  And it sounds like others might be in the same boat.  You don't have a choice now man, you have to support your EDC community  :P

• Duff72, Plumblucky1, Griffen Kociela and 3 others like this

#7 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:28 PM

Duff, I think you can make a few bucks here!  Chris has already committed to buying one, and I would like to get one too.  And it sounds like others might be in the same boat.  You don't have a choice now man, you have to support your EDC community  :P

BOOM!  Marc's right, Duff.

I also want a Prometheus Lambda to add to the mix.

I saw the Lambda just yesterday when I was flashlight lusting on the Dark Sucks site!

• Duff72 and Marc like this

#8 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:34 AM

Not specifically for fodgeting, but the rubber Wounded Warriors bracelet I usually wear definitely comes off to be played with quite a bit.
  • Chris Szaroleta likes this

#9 Gunter

Gunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:29 AM

Kind of expensive, but:

http://www.fidgetrin...ring-rings.html
  • Stupendous Walrus, Mikey Bautista and Chris Szaroleta like this

#10 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:47 PM

Kind of expensive, but:
http://www.fidgetrin...ring-rings.html

Cool. that reminds me of this: http://gearhungry.co...-gear-ring.html
  • Mikey Bautista and Chris Szaroleta like this

#11 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

Cool. that reminds me of this: http://gearhungry.co...-gear-ring.html

I have to admit, that is pretty darn cool.  It's like being married to a mechanical something with a differential (I don't really know what I'm talking about). 

• Mikey Bautista and Marc like this

#12 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:10 AM

I fidget with my tungsten carbide wedding band....a lot. I even dropped it one day in an auditorium and it rolled several rows in front of me. It was kind of embarrassing to ask the people in front of me, "Hey, umm, could you ask the people in front of you if they could ask the people in front of them to look for a wedding band on the floor??" I got some weird looks back at me...

It's also great to spin, so naturally after seeing that lambda, I want one. However, I'm gonna hold off on that. The Wife would be incredibly ticked if I purchased something she would deem as utterly useless, especially the price on those things!!!

• Stupendous Walrus, Mikey Bautista and Chris Szaroleta like this

#13 James Caro

James Caro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:46 AM

Great topic Griffen, I can naturally be a quite fidgety person especially if long waits are involved ...I practice martial art techniques in the air ... :) quite embarrassing for my wife and children if we have a few martial artists at our table in a restaurant and we start sharing ideas by showing movements lol :) most often than not people right it off as we are having a fit or something lol and we are all afflicted by the same ailment :)

#14 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:48 AM

I fidget with my tungsten carbide wedding band....a lot. I even dropped it one day in an auditorium and it rolled several rows in front of me. It was kind of embarrassing to ask the people in front of me, "Hey, umm, could you ask the people in front of you if they could ask the people in front of them to look for a wedding band on the floor??" I got some weird looks back at me...

It's also great to spin, so naturally after seeing that lambda, I want one. However, I'm gonna hold off on that. The Wife would be incredibly ticked if I purchased something she would deem as utterly useless, especially the price on those things!!!

That is fantastic!

#15 Griffen Kociela

Griffen Kociela

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:36 AM

I just added a fine tip stainless steel sharpie pen to my EDC, after finding that fine tip sharpie pens are excellent for doodling. Drawing on every available piece of paper has also helped with the fidgeting thing too... but it means that my notes, homework, and everything else is covered in doodles.

#16 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:51 AM

While traveling for work this week, I decided to up the fidgeting ante in my carry.  I ordered a new yo-yo and three spinning tops.  I'll begin posting new EDC pics to the main site once the new toys have arrived.  I am still waiting on Duff to make a custom one for me....  ;)

• Dom likes this

#17 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 726 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:37 AM

While traveling for work this week, I decided to up the fidgeting ante in my carry.  I ordered a new yo-yo and three spinning tops.  I'll begin posting new EDC pics to the main site once the new toys have arrived.  I am still waiting on Duff to make a custom one for me....  ;)

Which tops did you get?

#18 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:45 PM

Nothing incredibly fancy just yet.  Just entering this realm, I want to take it nice and slow.  Here are the three I bought:  

Foreverspin (Stainless)

Aluminum Totem Top (These are made by a women in Arizona, Amber Rix.  She had a Kickstarter for her Precision Machined Tops here, but they aren't for sale to the public yet.  I reached out to her via Etsy and she told me she had some of her aluminum totem tops she could sell me.  From the picture, I chose the black one)

Brass Spinning Top  (Another Etsy find.  I was originally going to go with the J.L. Lawson Co. Solid Brass Top on Cool Material, but I reached out to them and discovered that it's a tad smaller than I wanted)

I will eventually get a Lambda, a different one from J.L. Lawson Co. and certainly one from Karas Kustoms.

• Griffen Kociela, Mikey Bautista and Marc like this

#19 Andriy

Andriy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 08:28 AM

I'm a programmer and i find that bumbling around with something in my hands helps me concentrate and focus. If I dont have something in my hands, it becomes difficult. Right brain, left brain thing I guess.

I really like those fidget rings!

#20 Nathaniel P

Nathaniel P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:35 PM

I actually made a incredibly durable balisong trainer out of LEGOs. Super smooth, and stays together no matter what. Let me see if I can do a quick render and post a pic.

EDIT: Here are two low-quality POV-Ray renders of my LEGO Balisong trainer: (Click for full-size)

Attached File  Butterfly Knife.png   58.4KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Butterfly Knife OPEN.png   50.85KB   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users