http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/1a1d/

#2 Gundose

Gundose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:32 AM

You purchased a bag with no back straps?  Who buys a laptop bag for survival?

Follow me on Instagram! | Post your photos on Reddit!

#3 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:34 PM

You purchased a bag with no back straps?  Who buys a laptop bag for survival?

If he's looking for a bag to carry a tablet or a book, some survival items, a small 38 or an automatic and bottle of water like the bag my wife is making for me, that's who. I wanted something that will get me to my vehicle  if something happens or more commonly, to have something to do while waiting at a doctor's office.  

#4 Gundose

Gundose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:38 PM

If he's looking for a bag to carry a tablet or a book, some survival items, a small 38 or an automatic and bottle of water like the bag my wife is making for me, that's who. I wanted something that will get me to my vehicle  if something happens or more commonly, to have something to do while waiting at a doctor's office.  

Then use the laptop bag you already have?  Or swipe your ladies purse perhaps.

#5 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:54 PM

My point is we all have different ideas of what and how we carry. I have neck and back problems so a backpack doesn't really meet my needs. I can carry a light bag on my right shoulder but I just haven't found the idea one. In a lot of places, a messenger bag doesn't get another look and a backpack will be advertising that I have stuff for you to steal. I wanted a bag that wasn't tactical or girly looking. To each his own I say.  

• Stupendous Walrus likes this

#6 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:37 PM

The name of the bag may be a bit confusing....when it says "Con Survival Edition" .... the Con stands for a Comic Con aka Comic Convention.  And Wally has a point I am rather against "Tactic-Cool" .... that's not very "gray man"

This for my everyday carry stuff:

Moleskine (several pens, pencil)

wallet

lotion

chapstick

sunglasses

phone

first aid

snacks

knife

feminine supplies (because I am a girl)

• Lori Lee Bravo and Gundose like this

#7 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 08:13 PM

My point is we all have different ideas of what and how we carry. I have neck and back problems so a backpack doesn't really meet my needs. I can carry a light bag on my right shoulder but I just haven't found the idea one. In a lot of places, a messenger bag doesn't get another look and a backpack will be advertising that I have stuff for you to steal. I wanted a bag that wasn't tactical or girly looking. To each his own I say.  

Hey Wally, I'd like to point you towards PacSafe.

I bought one based on recommendations from various other users and couldn't be happier. This is the exact model I have: http://www.mec.ca/pr...=10 50007 50607

They have a great many other models which can be found here: http://www.pacsafe.com

One of their main selling points is security with an emphasis on the urban environment. Features like safety buckles on the shoulder strap, clasps to hold zippers shut and cut resistant fabric.

After several months of using the bag I linked you to as my EDC pack around town and commuting to work, I am very happy so far. On my bag, the included cell phone pouch is extremely secure to the double stitched strap, but is still removable and will secure onto a belt or other strap.

Unloaded, it's extremely light, and as far as I am concerned, is a wicked boss value for what you pay.

• Gundose likes this

#8 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:04 AM

Thanks Walrus, that's one cool bag. Definitely on the short list. How about a picture of the inside of pouches? Neither of your links had internal views.

• Gundose likes this

#9 Gundose

Gundose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:18 AM

The name of the bag may be a bit confusing....when it says "Con Survival Edition" .... the Con stands for a Comic Con aka Comic Convention.  And Wally has a point I am rather against "Tactic-Cool" .... that's not very "gray man"

This for my everyday carry stuff:

Moleskine (several pens, pencil)

wallet

lotion

chapstick

sunglasses

phone

first aid

snacks

knife

feminine supplies (because I am a girl)

Don't you also do marketing for Think Geek?

#10 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:18 PM

hahah no. 

Don't you also do marketing for Think Geek?

#11 David E

David E

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:44 PM

How about one for a 16" laptop?  I'm back in college and at nearly 50 feel pretty goofy carrying a backpack.  I checked the pacsafe site and the laptop bag is for a 13" MacBook.

#12 T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:50 AM

I think the search for the perfect bag will go on forever, partly because there isn't one but also because there is always something a bit shinier just ahead.

• Dave and Shaun D like this

#13 Marc

Marc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:36 AM

I think the search for the perfect bag will go on forever, partly because there isn't one but also because there is always something a bit shinier just ahead.

So true! I have a closet full of Camera bags, each one has pros and cons and each for a different use. No different from EDC bags, which is what I am working on now. I have been looking for months, stalking forums and youtube videos. I can see myself ending up with another closet full of EDC bags. My wife thinks it is funny but the struggle is real! 

• T Shrapnel-Carruthers likes this

#14 T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:02 AM

These are only the ones I want to sell … there are a bunch more that I "might" need.

Bags%20for%20sale.JPG

There is a mixture of work & photo bags

• Marc and David E like this

#15 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 08:45 AM

So true.....but right now.....it's "perfect"......just arrived yesterday ..... taking the Bag of Holding to a big gun show - see how it does :)

#16 Kelly

Kelly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 08:46 AM

So true! I have a closet full of Camera bags, each one has pros and cons and each for a different use. No different from EDC bags, which is what I am working on now. I have been looking for months, stalking forums and youtube videos. I can see myself ending up with another closet full of EDC bags. My wife thinks it is funny but the struggle is real! 

Marc - the struggle is real.

• T Shrapnel-Carruthers likes this

#17 David E

David E

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:19 PM

These are only the ones I want to sell … there are a bunch more that I "might" need.

Bags%20for%20sale.JPG

Don't suppose you're going to drop any of those off while you are in Minnesota?

#18 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 05:13 AM

I hope none of this bags are alligator.

Bags%20for%20sale.JPG

#19 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:53 AM

Nice little collection. Hope that you don't have to much separation anxiety. Kinda boring all of them black though. Maybe add a little color to your collection?

Bags%20for%20sale.JPG

#20 T Shrapnel-Carruthers

T Shrapnel-Carruthers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:32 AM

Don't suppose you're going to drop any of those off while you are in Minnesota?

No plans to visit Minnesota in the near future so probably cheaper to post them. Make me an offer ...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bags, messenger bags

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users