7 replies to this topic

#1 Joe

Joe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:15 PM

Hello there,

I was wondering what kind of things people carry with them that can be easily incorporated into one's everyday carry that could aid in situations where escape and evasion gear might be needed and how people can carry these tools so no one around knows and can be accessed easily in a pinch.

I've googled things where people carry ceramic blades and plastic handcuff keys on them or connected to a paracord bracelette but these tools would stand out to a captor or person following you.

anybody have some good ways to carry/conceal these types of tools and more?

#2 Nathaniel P

Nathaniel P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 August 2015 - 01:38 PM

Here are some ideas:

1. Money belt:

IMG_1315.JPG

You could hide some emergency cash, some Kevlar chord (For friction-sawing zip ties), maybe even a small knife inside the belt.

2. One of these handcuff key bracelets that look like a normal bracelet. 

undercover_bracelet.jpg

3.  A set of quality lockpicks that fit in your wallet:

its-tactical-bogota-pi-4.jpg

CRKT makes a paracord bracelet that contains an emergency saw. Tons of people where those nowadays, so it wouldn't stand out:

crkt-refresh-01.jpg

Those are some ideas I have heard regarding hiding SERE stuff discretely. You'll notice a lot of the stuff I posted came from ITS Tactical. I don't work for them, but they do have a lot of good stuff in their store.

Hope that helps!

#3 Christopher Moore

Christopher Moore

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 03:01 PM

Its tactical has great stuff on there site. Another is BLACKSCOUT SURVIVAL jacks site has really good kit for sere. If your needing to know where and how to hide on your body you can also go to his utube channel as he has has GREAT videos on urban sere. Also pipe hitters on utube is great on that. Hope this helps brother and "stay gray"
  • TonySal and PsychGuy like this

#4 Sam Nehf

Sam Nehf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:33 AM

Its tactical has great stuff on there site. Another is BLACKSCOUT SURVIVAL jacks site has really good kit for sere. If your needing to know where and how to hide on your body you can also go to his utube channel as he has has GREAT videos on urban sere. Also pipe hitters on utube is great on that. Hope this helps brother and "stay gray"

I second Christopher on his recommendations, black scout survival on YouTube is a great channel, he has playlists made up for SERE videos, grey man, and urban survival, deffinelty a great channel to check out! Highly recommended!

#5 Shaun D

Shaun D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationI come from a land down under

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:12 AM

2. One of these handcuff key bracelets that look like a normal bracelet. 

undercover_bracelet.jpg

I've always been pretty curious about the legal ramifications of using one of these when placed under lawful custody.

#6 armydoc

armydoc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 05:50 PM

There are handcuff shims, diamond encrusted wire that can be used as a saw to cut through anything up to steel. There are concealed in modified coins handcuff keys, blades, button compass,

There are techniques you can learn regarding how to break restraints without any tools like handcuffs and zip ties.

#7 Nathaniel P

Nathaniel P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:24 PM

There are techniques you can learn regarding how to break restraints without any tools like handcuffs and zip ties.

Here's one such vid by ITST. Long, but covers a ton of topics:

https://www.youtube....h?v=So9ectPyM7A

Goes over:

Zip tie hand placement, breaking single/double zip ties, shimming zip ties, friction sawing, duct tape, and handcuffs.

#8 Joeyyk

Joeyyk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 09:06 AM

A bobby pin. You can hide one of those on you just about anywhere. And it can be used to pick almost all hand cuffs very easily. Went through sere school.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tactical, edc, concealment, evasion, preparedness, tools, gear, tips, sere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users