15 replies to this topic

#1 kwelsh

kwelsh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:29 PM

Found this while lost on the interwebs today. I might get this next pay day.

http://www.alpenlore.com/shop.htmlj

Here is a video link for the product.

http://youtu.be/somFHCOvX1Q
  • John B. likes this

#2 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 16 August 2015 - 07:55 PM

Found this while lost on the interwebs today. I might get this next pay day.

http://www.alpenlore.com/shop.htmlj

Here is a video link for the product.

Very cool! You might be able to make those fairly easily. Found the cobra buckle on Amazon for $30 bucks and the 550 cord wouldn't be too expensive. It'd probably save you 30-40 bucks, but then again, you wouldn't get all that other cool stuff with it. 

#3 Jeremy Eichelt

Jeremy Eichelt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:38 PM

I made my own from paracord using the Gerber GDC belt buckle. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

#4 Jeremy Eichelt

Jeremy Eichelt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:42 PM

Nm. I found the pic.

Attached Files

#5 James DeAngelis

James DeAngelis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:33 AM

Bought a FatBak Tactical belt with  cobra belt buckle the thing is hand made and is really solid this thing will last years!

#6 Donald McNany

Donald McNany

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:04 PM

Wow! A nylon strap operator belt with a paracord cobra weave over it and a few hidden handy survival items. Seems about only doubled cost to it's worth. IMHO, of course. Hmmm? Might paracord over some of my BDU belts.
  • coldwater likes this

#7 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 03 February 2016 - 12:29 AM

Found a really good edc gun belt from Browncoat Tactical. I've never seen a bad review on these things. There's one on the way and I can't wait!

#8 Tony

Tony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:04 AM

https://www.kickstar...elt/descriptionThis one looks nice as well.

My EDC

sortitapps-black.png

#9 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1381 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:03 AM

Only belt I wear. Holds my pants up and carries the weight of a pistol like it should. Belt survival stuff is gimmicky to me, especially at 85$. Only possible time I would need such a thing is if I'm stranded outdoors, in which case, I already have specific use gear with me. I'm pretty sure the whole "survival scene" has run it's course, and has entered the anything you can think of phase. The level of cool but needless toys, and a never ending stream of keychain and pocket "tools" has absolutely exploded over the last year or so. from a practical standpoint, most seem to be just a good way to lose money. 

http://www.galcogunl...8_256_1267.html

• Danner87 likes this

#10 WallyGator

WallyGator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • LocationSwamps of Florida

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:32 PM

Found a really good edc gun belt from Browncoat Tactical. I've never seen a bad review on these things. There's one on the way and I can't wait!

How about a review on the gun belt when you get it. Most of the operator belts I've found aren't gun belts. I've got a couple of leather gun belts for dress but here in the humid south, a nylon belt would be better for every day wear I would think. The Browncoat belts seem to fit the bill.     

#11 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:19 PM

How about a review on the gun belt when you get it. Most of the operator belts I've found aren't gun belts. I've got a couple of leather gun belts for dress but here in the humid south, a nylon belt would be better for every day wear I would think. The Browncoat belts seem to fit the bill.

Will do! It says it can take 2-3 weeks to come in, so hopefully it won't be long.

#12 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 28 March 2016 - 02:27 PM

Brownout Tactical EDC Belt review: 

r3H25eyl.jpg9urmzewl.jpg

Ok, so I've had this fantastic EDC belt for several weeks now. I'll try to give it a review worthy enough to do it justice...haha. 

Initial impressions: 
Excellent quality of all materials used to craft this belt!
The nylon is thick and sturdy. Stitching is well done. 
Raptor buckle is a really nice touch. 
For a few extra dollars, I added the D-ring. 

While in use:
I have used this belt everyday since it came in and everything I have to say about it is positive. Any negatives are bearable and aren't because of the design or functionality of the belt. The belt very comfortable, but when I carry, it is a full size Kimber 1911 .45. I'm a pretty hefty fella, so there are times when it's just plain uncomfortable. Again, this is not due to the design or functionality of the belt...it's simply a matter of me eating too much!  :lol:

Having said that, my 1911 rides in an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 and the belt holds them both in place perfectly. 

Overall impressions:
Love it! 
I highly recommend buying one. Before I settled on this belt, I was looking at one from 5.11. It was similar price, and you know you are going to get a good quality product from them, but you could see from the photo that the nylon was flimsy...so I went with Browncoat Tactical. I'm happy I did! 

#13 T Christopher Cox

T Christopher Cox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:28 PM

That Browncoat belt is exactly what I've been looking for. I'll head over there now and get one. For leather belts, I HIGHLY recommend Hank's Belts. I have one and just ordered two "dressier versions." Don't even feel the G19 carried IWB.

#14 Ryan

Ryan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:12 AM

Belt survival stuff is gimmicky to me, especially at 85$.

I agree with coldwater, most belt survivalist gear is gimmicky, bulky and it usually doesn't look clean enough to wear as a regular belt without announcing itself. I had been keeping an eye out for a new belt since my belt is getting pretty warped and stretched. I like the idea of a belt being a backup item, but mostly I just want it to keep my pants up.

I'm getting this belt from kickstarter that I plan to use to carry a few things ($40, copy of drivers license, couple of zip-ties and paperclips, needle and threat, flat nail clippers) that I don't plan on using often but would be nice to have in a bind. I'd consider keeping these things in my pocket, but then I have to deal with them every day, maybe forget and maybe send them through the wash. This way I always have them and never need to remember to bring them. And I don't mind paying $25 for a belt when so many are closer to $100.

Thoughts? Anything I should add?

#15 Ephie

Ephie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:56 PM

This is not a survival belt, but I have been constantly looking for a sturdy, comfortable belt and recently bought one from Grip6  after seeing it mentioned on a you tube channel that reviews tactical gear.  https://grip6.com/?g...CFRQGhgodZsMJQA

Its an incredibly simple design but works well, is comfortable and the nylon webbing holds a clip for a knife, gun, etc. well.

https://www.amazon.c...1478202931&sr=1

#16 TT

TT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:31 AM

I have been using my Blackhawk! Rigger belt since '13 and its still my every day belt.

But recently i started looking for some more function and i found belts with molle webbing, rings, cobra buckles and ended up backing Raptor Tactical with their Retention Belt

They sell it on their site but the KS is to improve their process and adding more options to the belt.

For one, the base model of having a built in holster and sections for mags or just accessories made me want to make the switch.

Official site:
http://raptortactica...troller=product

KS project (30% off too) :
https://www.kickstar...l-retainer-belt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users