#61 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:06 PM

It looks really good. Stands out a bit from all the black ones out there.

Agreed!

• Joe Moffatt likes this

#62 Dom

Dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:24 AM

Here's some random kit that I'll attach to my keychain when needed, not all carried at the same time. Going clockwise starting from left:

• Keysmart extended
  • pill fob
  • bicycle bottle opener
  • Lego
  • Nitecore Tube 
  • Victorinox Classic

IMG_2937.JPG

• Stupendous Walrus, Mikey Bautista, Marc and 1 other like this

#63 Mel R.

Mel R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • LocationSouth Central Texas

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:37 AM

Good stuff, Dom! The bottle opener caught my eye, pretty cool.

• Stupendous Walrus and Dom like this

#64 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:21 PM

Love those little pill fobs. I've got one bookmarked to add onto my next MEC purchase. Anybody else grow up with a dad that would pull a Tylenol out of his pocket with a handful of change as well?
  • Mel R. likes this

#65 Dom

Dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 01:41 PM

Love those little pill fobs. I've got one bookmarked to add onto my next MEC purchase. Anybody else grow up with a dad that would pull a Tylenol out of his pocket with a handful of change as well?

You know, I looked around for a while for a pill fob. I saw a few nice ones here on the forum, on Amazon, and even on County Comm. that thing was 5 bucks at the drugstore. No need for high end name brand on that piece of kit.
  • Stupendous Walrus, Mel R. and coldwater like this

#66 coldwater

coldwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1312 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 02:02 PM

You know, I looked around for a while for a pill fob. I saw a few nice ones here on the forum, on Amazon, and even on County Comm. that thing was 5 bucks at the drugstore. No need for high end name brand on that piece of kit.

TRUE THIS^ I have no problem dropping good coin on tools / knives / guns and the like, but for little bits and trinkets, I keep it cheap. 

• Dom, Mel R. and Joe Moffatt like this

#67 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:30 PM

I was shocked how much use I get out of the Shard. I use all the tools on a regular basis, exept the screwdriver. I have used the screwdriver sparingly, but have considered grinding it down as it digs in from time to time when sitting down. It's pretty damn sharp. I've wondered if it could be used as a glassbreaker in a pinch, but have nothing to test it on.

The pry is exceptional, except the driver might dig into your hand, depending on your hand size and grip. I have even used it to open paint cans and once as a shim in a pinch. The "prongs" are two different sizes to be used as flathead drivers which I use fairly often. The bottle opener, well...all the time when out with friends. I bought the Shard because I thought it would get some use as a pocket pry tool and if I didn't it wasn't an expensive purchase, and I underestimated it. There is just enough of a corner/edge to use it for opening packages, but not so much as to shred your clothes.

The SAK Classic is in the same boat. I use every tool regularily. I found it so useful I bought one for my mother, and she uses hers nearly everyday as well. If I have a regular sized SAK on my keys instead...same deal.

I have a Leatherman Skeletool CX. It's my first (and so far only) Leatherman style multitool. I wanted it because it doesn't have smaller tools, but simply pliers, bit drivers with storage, and a clip. I was pleasantly surprised with the blade. I bought the more expensove Skeletool because the blade on that one is 154CM, which I adore. The sheepsfoot blade on that has actually become one of my favourite blades of all my knives. (The Skeletool CX is outstanding in all categories). However, I found that 99% of the time, anytime I needed a tool like bit drivers or pliers I had my actual tools with me, thus it has phased out of my EDC. It now rides i. My cyclong kit, where it has saved my ass a bunch of times. The Skeletool is also fairly large and heavy, which is part of why I let it drop off my keys. I pccasionally carry it (it has a pocket clip as well) in my pocket as my knife, as the blade is accessible easily from the side, and locks, if I think I might need the tools. (I.e. Helping people out with minor issues like repairs etc).

To sum up, I love the Shard. I may modify it, but I haven't decided. I think it's an amazing tool. Same with the CX, but I'm looking at a much smaller Leatherman to add into the mox. The Classic is invaluable as well. Worst case scenario, without a knife etc, if I have my keychain with those two items, I can get by in a pinch.

If you're looking for a smaller Leatherman, try taking a look at the Style CS/PS! I carry it on my keychain and use it all the time. It's under $20, and has a file/screwdriver, knife, tweezers, a bottle opener (built into the carabiner clip), and a pair of either scissors (spring-action) or pliers (scissors= Style CS, pliers= Style PS).

• Stupendous Walrus and Mel R. like this

#68 Mel R.

Mel R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:42 PM

If you're looking for a smaller Leatherman, try taking a look at the Style CS/PS! I carry it on my keychain and use it all the time. It's under $20, and has a file/screwdriver, knife, tweezers, a bottle opener (built into the carabiner clip), and a pair of either scissors (spring-action) or pliers (scissors= Style CS, pliers= Style PS).

The Style PS is on my short list of things I need to get.

• Mason Delpino likes this

#69 Mel R.

Mel R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:55 PM

TRUE THIS^ I have no problem dropping good coin on tools / knives / guns and the like, but for little bits and trinkets, I keep it cheap. 

Good example...I'm building a brass carry, and I wanted to add a keychain compass as a "trinket", and I found these:

edc-brass-compass-made-in-usa.jpg?141140

il_570xN.581443745_ps0r.jpg

The top one is $44.95, while the bottom is $7.95. Needless to say, I'm ordering the bottom one.

#70 Mason Delpino

Mason Delpino

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:03 PM

Also, on my keychain (True Utility Key Shackle system) I carry: Gerber Tempo light, Leatherman Style CS, two keys, a homemade paracord dangle, and a 4GB flash drive (on a quick release thing)

Attached Files

#71 Stupendous Walrus

Stupendous Walrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:56 AM

Thanks Mason. Since posting that, my Leatherman has become an integral work tool that I use every day and would be totally lost without, so downsizing is no longer a priority.
  • Mason Delpino likes this

#72 Matt

Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:06 PM

Once I was at my uncles and without an SAK in the bunch we were baffled by a wine bottle, but we had a drywall screw and a hammer... If the zombies come and I'm scavenging wine I'll bring it home first

#73 stefn

stefn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:54 AM

Great question, Mark!  I found this little guy on the "stocking stuffer" table at a store called Restoration Hardware this holiday season.  You're right, it is a bottle opener, but it's also a wine bottle opener!  Here's the link:

http://www.restorati...oryId=cat280049

There are tons of other cool toys there too...all on sale!  The classic match holder on my keychain (two items to the left of the opener you asked about) was purchased there this year also.

Here's the page with all the toys:

http://www.restorati...0049&sale=false

Hello,

Can you please tell me what is the cost of key chains if we want to customize promotional key chains??

Thanks for any appreciation.

#74 Ji Brunaka

Ji Brunaka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:45 AM

Except my room key and bus card,there is a mini keychain flashlight on my keychain.This mini flashlight keep me safe when I walk out at night and easy to find.Small thing but very convenient.

#75 topbreak38

topbreak38

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

I carry my necessary keys and four tools that get me out of most predicaments.

SOG key knife

https://www.sogknive.../key-knife.html

Trekker Fisher Space Pen

http://www.spacepen....erspacepen.aspx

Tru Utility FIXR

http://www.trueutili...r-multi-tool-p3

Sharp-n-Spark Mini

https://handysharp.c...-bottle-opener/

I managed to keep it all around 5 ounces so it shouldn't damage the ignition on my truck.

#76 or900817

or900817

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:29 AM

I always keep a mini keychain flashlight from Cooyoo  :) it can output about 130 lumens on high mode. sometimes, it's really useful for me when i walk in dark or need to find things. besides, i have a mini spider man usb flash disk. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users