#21 Griffen Kociela

Griffen Kociela

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:09 PM

I was thinking of trying a gerber dime? Any thoughts?

Unless you use the bottle opener all the time, I would go with the Leatherman Squirt PS4 over the Gerber dime. It is slightly smaller and lighter, personally I find Leatherman's quality to be higher, and the large bottle opener that does not fold on the dime just gets in the way for me.

• Chris Szaroleta likes this

#22 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN Area

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:47 PM

Love the keychain of doom. Doom being the fact it doesn't get you into your house or car! No keys! On a more boring note my keychain currently has a true utility Tele pen, led lenser V9 and leatherman micra. The micra is awesome but heavy. I was thinking of trying a gerber dime? Any thoughts?

Yep, no keys!  I only pick and choose what goes on my keychain every day from this behemoth.   ;)

I'll mirror Griffen's suggestion, but I believe the Micra and Squirt are similarly sized.  The Micra is a tad smaller, I believe.  Another option, depending on tool needs, could be the Style PS.  No knife, but still has pliers, scissors, a file and tweezers.  Yet another option, if you're ok to be without the pliers would be any keychain SAK, including the Classic.

#23 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:48 PM

You're not manly unless you clip that thing onto your pants every day. :D

Then I shall forever be known as WOmanly.  Ha!

• Stupendous Walrus likes this

#24 Brad

Brad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

Love the Dime!

#25 Plumblucky1

Plumblucky1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:34 PM

Sunshine products cash stash
P 52 Can Opener
Nitecore Tube
Gun Shaped Bottle Opener

All this hangs on a Brass Dangler and all keys are kept on a Bladekey
  • 2CoolPreppers likes this

#26 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:53 PM

P 52 Can Opener
Nitecore Tube
Gun Shaped Bottle Opener

copper dangler

#27 Sterling

Sterling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationYoungsville, NC

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:10 PM

I currently have a truck keychain that has about a 1" ball bearing wrapped in paracord that I got at the gun store, a local kid is making them to fund his jr. shooter program. On that I have my truck key, key fob, house key, a SOG keychain knife and a NiteIze Doohickey.

On My Monster keychain, I just have the Monster key and the Ducati rubber keychain they gave me when I picked it up.

On my 899 keychain, I only have a #2 NiteIze S-Biner because everything else but a normal split-ring, rubs the paint on the tank, and, um, no. I'd leave it as a normal split-ring, but I like ability to clip it to my belt/pack. Don't know why this is important...the Monster ring doesn't have that luxury.

My work keychain has a NiteIze Key Rack in black, on it are just keys for work, I have keys to two different offices, so the colors help.

#28 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 785 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:57 PM

P 52 Can Opener
Nitecore Tube
Gun Shaped Bottle Opener

How are you liking the Nitecore Tube? I've wanted to get one but it seems larger than necessary and looks like it would be bulky.

#29 Duff72

Duff72

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:49 PM

How are you liking the Nitecore Tube? I've wanted to get one but it seems larger than necessary and looks like it would be bulky.

I also have a core and I love it. I do not find it bulky at all. it is larger than an lri photon but not as thick. It puts out a good amount of light and a good run time for such a small item. it was well worth the $ in my opinion
  • Mikey Bautista likes this

#30 Dom

Dom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1010 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:14 PM

On My Monster keychain, I just have the Monster key and the Ducati rubber keychain they gave me when I picked it up.

Nice. I had a Duc Monster Dark. Had an open air box and Termi carbon exhaust. Sounded great, awesome bike. Miss that thing. Post a pic!

#31 MTBoxer

MTBoxer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

A Petzl Spirit 23kN load bearing carabiner. Attached to that are keys to my Nissan truck, keys to my Acura, Maratac SS XL peanut lighter, Leatherman Juice PS4, Sabre tear gas CS Pepper spray, house keys, and a Prometheus Beta flashlight.
  • Duff72 likes this

#32 Gunter

Gunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

I have the a NiteIze Carabiner Key Rack, on that I have my Tacoma keys, my house and toolbox key, a NiteIze locking carabiner, a NiteIze Doohickey, a Leatherman Style CS, and a Gerber Zip Blade.
  • Duff72, Chris Szaroleta and Nick like this

#33 Nick

Nick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNorth Jersey

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:31 PM

I separate my car keys from my regular keys because I don't like the added bulk. On my regular keys I have a leatherman carabiner and 4 keys. 

• Glen and Chris Szaroleta like this

#34 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:18 PM

I separate my car keys from my regular keys because I don't like the added bulk. On my regular keys I have a leatherman carabiner and 4 keys. 

I can't recall who, but someone who submitted a pic on the full site inspired me to add some brass items to my EDC keychain.  I'll be placing an order this week!

#35 John B.

John B.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:52 PM

Attached File  IMG_1640-5.JPG   35.49KB   0 downloadsI've been using the blade key for a few months and absolutely love it. It keeps my keys in place and there's no jingling in my pocket. The Nomad lightning charger is also great to have to charge my iPhone when needed. I made the 550 paracord keychain with about 10 feet of cord in case I need it for anything. At first, I thought my Toyota key would be too large to attach to the blade key, but a simple key ring did the trick and it's not too bulky in my pocket. I would attach my Leatherman Micra to it, but I just keep it loose in my pocket. 

#36 Joe Moffatt

Joe Moffatt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:36 AM

20150206_030450_zpsntl4kf1j.jpg

• Jambon and Chris Szaroleta like this

#37 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:53 AM

20150206_030450_zpsntl4kf1j.jpg

Which flashlight is that, Joe?  CountyComm Maratac in Brass???

• Joe Moffatt likes this

#38 Joe Moffatt

Joe Moffatt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 07 February 2015 - 11:49 AM

Which flashlight is that, Joe?  CountyComm Maratac in Brass???

Yes Chris, you nailed it it's a good little light.

#39 Chris Szaroleta

Chris Szaroleta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1584 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:34 PM

Yes Chris, you nailed it it's a good little light.

Fantastic!  I ordered it Thursday night as part of the brass EDC I'm building out.

#40 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 785 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:57 PM

Brass is also my theme for 2015, and on that note my Scout Hook + Prometheus Beta arrived last night! Need a black SAK Manager, those keys redone in brass/silver, and a new USB 3.0 flash drive, but I am quite enjoying the new pieces despite their weight. Oof, brass is heavy.

vpev9vX.jpg

• Jambon, Dom and Marc like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users