Minimalist Wallet?

78 replies to this topic

#41 Sean04

Sean04

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:27 AM

That Cascade Wallet seems a little bit hokey, but if the build quality is good and the mechanism works it could definitely be very cool.

I just received mine and is absolutely fabulous, supports 5 cards, very sleek and fully enclosed by aluminium. The functions works great too. One time I tried to scan my visa card while it being inside the wallet, but the reader didn't pick it up. Its doing what its supposed to do.

Did you get yours yet? www.maniwonders.com

#42 Nathan Rankin

Nathan Rankin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 12:34 PM

Edwin Wallet. I'm excited.

Attached File  untitled.png   1.62MB   0 downloads

#43 Andrew Curtis

Andrew Curtis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationMilford Haven

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:26 PM

Interesting topic, gents.  I have a Dosh card-holder.  It's neat, but a lot bigger than I expected it to be.  And because the missus bought me it as a (requested) birthday present I don't want to (can't!) get rid of it.  Don't get me wrong - it's a lot better than the tatty leather job I had (crammed with rubbish, of course.  We do with wallets what our women do with their handbags: because they're too big we throw all sorts in them to justify carrying them around. It's insanity), but it's far from perfect.  There are lots I like the look of, but I wish I'd gone with a Bellroy.  Either that or the wallet that's also a keybar.

#44 Scott

Scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:30 PM

As someone who owns multiple bellroys, while the quality is good, they are not as thin as people make them out to be.  You can easily find thinner wallets. For example you'd be hard pressed to find a thinner wallet than the machine era wallet: the bellroy card sleeve with 2 cards in it is as thick as the machine era with 4 cards and 4 bills. And when I say good, it doesn't mean that its good for the money. Bellroys are expensive wallets, and they use good leather, but not GREAT leather. If you want to buy a wallet from down under(australia), Tailfeather is a better bet. They are more expensive, but their leather is by far the best I've seen (outside of shell). The Roo leather is tough and thin, their bifolds make great front pocket wallets even with 5+ cards and 5+ bills. I haven't tried the bellroy bifolds that don't have liners in them, so maybe they are now as thin, but I guarantee you the leather isn't as tough or dyed as well.  What is really bad about the bellroys is they seem to bulk up faster than any wallet i've owned, as if the angle in which the cards/money sit in the wallet is not the most efficient. I haven't really figured out why, but it is just something i have noticed. 

Here is a pic of my 2 bellroys (blue) and my tailfeather(red), after about a year of use each. I carried the tailfeather the longest, actually about 1.5 years. 

npbuyNS.jpg

#45 Alexander Snyder

Alexander Snyder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:52 AM

Hi,

Yes, I have couple of good suggestions for you buddy.

https://mymetalbusinesscard.com/

http://www.plasmades...business-cards/

http://www.puremetalcards.com/

4899198ff1424f91dd79c6b4d42334e4.jpg

Hope I you get an idea buddy.

Thanks

Alexander Snyder

#46 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:06 AM

After scouring the net for the perfect minimalist wallet I have an extensive list now and it grows everyday. I've even added two from this thread. So many fantastic choices that it's incredibly hard to find the one. If you guys haven't checked out SlimWalletJunkie.com you should!

Please tell me the EDC community has heard of Steve Montelli (hey staffers, you guys should interview him for the site!) If you haven't heard of Steve he has a Youtube channel where he does great reviews on minimalist wallets and he was hundreds of them.When saw a wallet that looked good online I looked up his review to see if it was worth getting or not.

Anyways, one thing I wanted to try differently this time was no leather, which really helped narrow down the field. I looked at fabric ones and hard cases (plastic, aluminum, etc) and didn't know which I would like so I bought this collection to try out - 

carbon_fiber_azure_grande.jpg

I've been switching between the E8 and N for a few months and it's been okay. At least I'm absolutely certain I can buy hard wallets now. I was concerned about it not being able to flex while sitting down but I can't even tell the N wallet is in my pocket. The functionality to access your cards is a little annoying at times but I knew what I was getting into going this route. It gets easier with time when you get your technique down. I thought I would have loved the E8 with it's two front pockets, which I found very useful but overall I couldn't wait to switch back to the N. The insert key is great if you use it and I never do. The same goes for the key band. I think I'm ready to move on to another wallet pretty soon. If any of you are interested in buying the collection from me send a note. 

In the meantime I'm eagerly waiting for my DAX wallet and I have a Minicap on the way, which looks promising. I really would like to try the FNDN Minimalist Wallet but the price is a little much. As you can see from the theme of all three wallets, they have a pull tab system. No experience with it but it certainly looks better than pushing and fanning your cards.

• Mikey Bautista and AVPX1 like this

#47 Pronoy Dasgupta

Pronoy Dasgupta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:01 PM

This is the wallet you need :)

www.columnm.com

#48 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:17 PM

Quick update. I got my MiniCap from Kickstarter and I'm really liking it!

5696236315e6b85aa464f0e7621f1acd_origina

#49 Arnie

Arnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 04:44 AM

You should also really check out the Slimfold Micro SS (Softshell) wallet. I've been using one for a few months and it holds my cash unfolded and about 8 cards. It's made from a very soft, flexible yet very durable fabric (not the original tyvek versions) and it's incredibly thin, innovative in its styling (compartment layouts) and extremely light weight. It's my daily wallet now. I use the black with red stitching version.
  • Mikey Bautista and Bard like this

#50 Mikey Bautista

Mikey Bautista

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 981 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:43 AM

You should also really check out the Slimfold Micro SS (Softshell) wallet. I've been using one for a few months and it holds my cash unfolded and about 8 cards. It's made from a very soft, flexible yet very durable fabric (not the original tyvek versions) and it's incredibly thin, innovative in its styling (compartment layouts) and extremely light weight. It's my daily wallet now. I use the black with red stitching version.

Hey Arnie, thanks for that reco -- I'll write up a post for the main page and pick one up for myself, this seems to be the exact wallet I'm looking for. Cheers!

• Arnie likes this

#51 Arnie

Arnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:33 AM

Mikey, you're very welcome and I think you will be pleased. It's the only wallet I've found that comes close to the slim thickness of Big Skinny wallets but with some more interesting aesthetics and features.
  • Mikey Bautista likes this

#52 Juno

Juno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:03 AM

short-black-and-white-japan-and-korean-s

I found a letter style one, this is made of pu, the price is only $19, on http://bit.ly/1nkvhwY

#53 Franklion

Franklion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 11:29 AM

I've been eyeballing this wallet for at least a month. Decided to get it as a "I got a decent raise this year" gift. The reviews says the leather is incredibly soft. I'm excited! Although I'm really liking my Minicap (see above), what I like about the FNDN are the outside pockets, different material, color, and can serve in slightly different circumstances. I'm sure I'll cycle through both (and a 3rd wallet coming in June) for quite sometime. I know a few people on here have this. If you see this post how are you liking yours?!

http://fndn.com/coll...t-pocket-wallet I bought blue stitching.

12061437_755329217906370_1753277951_n.jp12124869_887347568016436_1072653676_n.jp

• AVPX1 likes this

#54 Peter Wheeler

Peter Wheeler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:19 PM

I've been carrying one of these for years. http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B00PHQXFTU

Inexpensive and holds everything really well.

#55 Arnie

Arnie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:29 PM

Great article Mikey!

#56 Antani88

Antani88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 07:19 AM

Hi all,
I'm a new user from Italy and I'm looking for a minimalist wallet that can carry up to 8-10 cards and some cash (coins are not a priority). The problem is that in Europe it's hard to find something good and from US with shipping costs and taxes the price will rise too much. I've a 50-60$ budget and I need something durable, practical for everyday use.

This forum is amazing btw, thanks for your help!

#57 H@CK3R

H@CK3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationCaguas, Puerto Rico

Posted 10 August 2016 - 03:21 PM

^ I have the RadixOne and I love it. I'll post more when I get home -->  http://radixproducts.bigcartel.com/

#58 Mexx

Mexx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:07 PM

@Antani88
Found this one on Etsy. The shop is from Italy:
https://www.etsy.com...r-visitenkarten. This one is only 12€
But you can find a lot more on Etsy

#59 Zhi Teng

Zhi Teng

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:15 AM

On Kickstarter now!

TYNI WALLET RFID - Stylish, Slim and Secure.

Slim minimalist wallet with push through cash slot for easy access and functionally designed card slots for everyday use.

5d531270b60f62c2255aa69b0539a5e1_origina

http://kck.st/2aSteLm

#60 H@CK3R

H@CK3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationCaguas, Puerto Rico

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:49 PM

I've been looking at these lately to replace my RADIX wallet. http://www.dangoproducts.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users